Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 11:46 PM

Default A definite example of tilt.

Paradise Poker $2/4 --- 9 handed

I have not gone on tilt in a long time (months) but I can't deny that I did it here. -70s BB in 500 hands today.

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, AC calls with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], SB calls, BB checks.

(6 SB)
6 players --- FLOP: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, UTG+1 folds, MP2 raises, CO calls, AC calls, SB reraises, BB folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, AC calls.

(8 BB)
3 players ---TURN: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, CO raises, AC calls (Tilt!!) SB reraises, CO calls, AC calls (might as well)

(17 BB)
3 players ---RIVER: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, CO calls, AC folds......

I was acutally praying that I wouldn't make my straight. That's when I knew I was on tilt for the first time in a long time.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: A definite example of tilt.

man....
Old 04-28-2005, 11:56 PM

You're getting 5.5:1 on the turn there, which is enough to call with 7 outs, discounting one of your eight due to the possible straight and paired board. Were you that sure you were up against a house or better?

Hoping you miss, however, means it's definitely time to go have a beer instead of playing more poker.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're getting 5.5:1 on the turn there, which is enough to call with 7 outs, discounting one of your eight due to the possible straight and paired board. Were you that sure you were up against a house or better?

Hoping you miss, however, means it's definitely time to go have a beer instead of playing more poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Realize that youre getting the minimum odds to call, and there's a good chance it will go to three bets, giving you effective odds of something like 14:3 or 4.6:1
Old 04-29-2005, 12:07 AM

You're right. I neglected the likelihood of a raise behind me. That said, it's not a horribly -EV play since the raise behind is not guaranteed, but I suppose any time you consciously make a -EV play, it's tilt.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:09 AM

The thing is... I didn't even stop to count my outs/odds. I just called in frustration and then prayed my hand didn't hit. Plus you have to discount the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

AC is not well.