Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 12:30 AM

Default DAN HARRINGTON MOVE IN 2004 WSOP MAIN EVENT

I was hoping Dan Harrington or someone could clarify the reasoning behind Dan's actions. Television doesn't nearly give enough information about the whole situation, so I need some outside help.

August 31st, 2004. Blinds were 3k, 6k. He was 1 off the button with a 10 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s. Dan raises to 20k. Folded to Angel, in the BB, w/ pocket five's. He raised 55 k more, and dan comes over the top for all his chips.

Seems like a regular steal, then dan sensed weakness. But I was just hoping there was more information I could find out about the hand to know what exactly was going on inside Dan's head.

thanks
Old 04-29-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: DAN HARRINGTON MOVE IN 2004 WSOP MAIN EVENT

I think a lot depends on stack sizes here but if Dan sensed weakness in Angel's reraise he's going for another resteal knowing he isn't going to call off all his chips without a monster.

Dan's solid/tight image also goes a long way in making this play as he is using this image to make this play.

If Dan's read is a small pair or just big cards even if he gets called he is not in horrible shape but this also has a lot to do with how deep each player's stack is.