Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Reraising

I have been running quite well recently which has got me into the final stages of tournaments more than in the past. Which has highlighted some weaknesses in my overall game.

One (of many) elements missing from my game is steal reraising. I have no problems reraising when I have the cards but picking on those who can fold isnt somthing I am comfortable with. Although in last nights UB $20 I did manage to do it a couple of times.

What are you looking for when you do this? how often and do you care with what cards? Also what is your action if they then call (I assume follow through with a continuation bet) or reraise

Any general pointers appreciated.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Reraising

A very player dependent move. And Rushmore will kick your arse if he hears you say re-raise for a raising situation. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Some guidelines I use FWIW:

In the blinds it's just simply how often you have seen that guy raise. Does he steal alot? Does he muck when he is caught stealing?

Out of the blinds and with position I usually will be more concerned about getting it heads up. If you have a BB who you thought was going to be a good steal opportunity and there is a guy to your right who keeps raising his blind before you.

I wouldn't steal raise too often with garbage and I very rarely will do it to the same guy more than twice in a whole tourney. People remember when you come over the top of them. It's a good idea to have a big hand when you do it for the fourth time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think the cards are player dependent. If the guy I'm raising will throw away all but top hands I'll raise with a hand that plays well in that situation (ie soooooted conectors). If I think the guy will call with any two, but I can make him fold pf, I'll make the raise with any two.

PF plays just like any other caught stealing situation.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And Rushmore will kick your arse if he hears you say re-raise for a raising situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deputized!! Nice job.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And Rushmore will kick your arse if he hears you say re-raise for a raising situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deputized!! Nice job.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I didnt think I had? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Please dont kick me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I didnt think I had? Please dont kick me

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think Deputy Sluss was saying that you had committed an infraction.

It was the equivalent of an innocuous wave of the nightstick and a "Let's keep moving along, now, people."

He was just trying to keep the peace. Your record is clean.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:15 AM

Phew [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2005, 12:24 PM

my biggest re-steal opportunity is in a battle of the blinds. if you resteal push against your SB just once, he'll fold his SB a lot more to you. and some guys are so aggro you know they'll open-raise from the SB with anything. you just have to hope they don't actually have a hand this time...