Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Hit my K on river....raise????

Ok, bleh. Is this river raise ok? Should I have folded to the 3bet. Flop raise/turn call ok? Villain is unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 04-27-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Hit my K on river....raise????

Villian is unknown, call him and see what he's up to.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:36 AM

Why did you raise the flop? If you say "to get the pot HU", I'd be interested to know what hand range you put the SB on.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:37 AM

you dont raise the flop? i definitely do.

river is close. if you cant fold to a 3bet though then you should probably just call.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:43 AM

Tstone my main man, I am liking raising these flops less and less each day that goes by. In the 5/10 6max, you just get 3bet so often, or bet into on the turn (so no free card). THe parlay of events that need to happen in a 3handed pot in these scenarios just dont happen frequently enough for a raise to be +EV against everyone except people known to be passive. As for the river, I agree with you that if I can't fold to a 3bet, I shouldn't raise. I capped preflop and raised his flop bet, but he is betting into the king. I should have called dawg.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:54 AM

When you hit your king on river you absolutely need to raise. When he 3-bets you absolutely need to fold.
I don't mind your flop raise but when he 3-bets flop and you blank out on turn I'm folding.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you hit your king on river you absolutely need to raise. When he 3-bets you absolutely need to fold.
I don't mind your flop raise but when he 3-bets flop and you blank out on turn I'm folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold the turn also. I raise the river also. I have never folded the river but I'm going to start trying to.

Krishan
Old 04-27-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I make this river fold after raising I'll start to become a better player. I pay it off way to often, basically with thinking along the line of geez I bet this player is a fool I'm keeping him honest, it's only 1 BB, etc,etc.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont raise the flop? i definitely do

[/ QUOTE ]
yea id defo rasie here,you have 2 overcards,BD flush and str8, also by raising you get to see what the pfr will do, alos you might get a free turn card,
calling has to be wrong here,

But does anyone fold the turn? have you enough odds for 2 overcards which may not even be good if u hit?
Old 04-27-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid.

Keep posting this kind of stuff. Now if only I could start doing it.