Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Turn trips, it\'s two bets to me

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, SB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (17 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB
Old 04-27-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Turn trips, it\'s two bets to me

I think this hand is pretty standard. SB might have better trips than you, and you should call down if he caps. The 3-bet is definitely in order though - the second king makes other players consider it less likely you have one now and they want to raise you out. Most of the time this scenario comes up it's a semi-bluff or perhaps a worse king.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Turn trips, it\'s two bets to me

I'm putting SB now thinking his Queens or Aces are good, and you outkicking UTG+1. I see this play frequently where you have, say KJ and a run of the mill fish or donk checkraises you when the K pairs the board. A good majority of the time they'll play that aggressively because they don't expect the fourth K to be in your hand and you were betting an overpair or mid pair they were beating. Easy 3-bet. check/call the river if capped.