Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 02:54 PM

Default KK, confusing turn action.

Villain is 20/14 and not overaggressive. Kinda new to the table so no specific reads on these guy 'cept the numbers.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero..?

I can see him cap preflop with TT-AA, AK, maybe AQ. Probably dosen't go this crazy with JJ or TT, QQ and AA has me beat, KK ties. AQ is probably the only thing I beat which he might cap with preflop, but these are just assumptions as I have no specific read on this guy, as said. What's my action here? I'm leaning towards fold.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: KK, confusing turn action.

I would find this hard to fold against a pretty much unknown. Maybe calling the turn, calling a non- [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river? He could play it this way w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q.

I can't fold overpairs HU, basically.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:03 PM

Over how many hands are those numbers?

I think I'd call down, barring a river [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. That may be a leak of mine, though.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:05 PM

I'd probably raise/cap the flop and see if he leads the turn. Against his possible holdings according to your read (AA-TT, AKs-AQs, AKo-AQo), you have 67% pot equity on the flop, 69% on the turn. If he leads, I'd call down. If he checkraises, I'd calldown.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:05 PM

go to war on the flop, it avoids difficult decisions like this and costs less/the same as paying off a turn 3-bet and gets u to a showdown. plus u keep worse hands in most of the time who think u are on unimproved big cards looking for a freebie

a potential problem with bet fold here is he sees 3 hearts and might think u were making a move, or he might have AQ, or he might have a big heart. But folding sucks, and having to face a turn 3-bets sucks (from a reasonble TAG), so do the flop thing.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:28 PM

Yeah, it's a problem I get, getting fancy and smoothcalling flop in the wrong spots. The stats were over a pretty small hand sample, 50-100 or something like that. Anyways, I called down and he showed AhKh for the flush.