Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 06:14 PM

Default 77

no read on either dummy. Whatcha do on the river? If anything else sucks, feel free to say so.
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (6.66 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero ??????
Old 04-25-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: 77

What would he call you with that you beat? And what that does beat you will he fold on the river for 1 bet?
Old 04-25-2005, 06:18 PM

I don't think he's going to call you with a worse hand. I think he's going to call you with a better one and I think the odds are bad that he'll fold a better one (like almost never). If he does fold it's probably a hand that you were beating anyway, like a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] draw.

I definitely check here.

-Craig
Old 04-25-2005, 06:19 PM

i dunno, does he like to fold the river at all? if he does, i'd fire the last bullet. i don't think you're taking this down much with a showdown, and you might fold a better hand (say, a 9, or a spade draw that bumped into and 8 or J along the way)

all that said, i'm not crazy about the turn bet. i don't think you have enough fold equity to make it +ev. primarily because to finish off the job you're almost certainly going to have to bet the river unimproved to win.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:19 PM

check.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not crazy about the turn bet. i don't think you have enough fold equity to make it +ev. primarily because to finish off the job you're almost certainly going to have to bet the river unimproved to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point...
Old 04-25-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all that said, i'm not crazy about the turn bet. i don't think you have enough fold equity to make it +ev. primarily because to finish off the job you're almost certainly going to have to bet the river unimproved to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, lotsa retards like to employ the "I'll peel one off on the flop mentality." The other problem I have is that it sets up a river bluff opportunity for him if I check the turn.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:30 PM

yeah, but there's a lot of semi-coordinated overcards that donks will be passively calling along with at this point. or bumping into on later streets.

i think you stand a better chance of folding a better hand with a river bet than you do of inducing a bluff with a worse hand. you've represented an ace, i don't think you get bluffed by K high, or a missed flush draw very often.

really, i think all your choices are pretty ugly.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:34 PM

check the flop, bet the turn.
check the river
Old 04-25-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check the flop,

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes no sense IMO.