Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Good use of WA/WB?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

SB's second hand at the table, sitting down with ~$20, and based off his play last hand, I have suspicions he's one of those "getting off tilt players".

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Overall good use of a WA/WB line? This is the first time I played the hand like that, so any input is helpful
Old 04-25-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Good use of WA/WB?

I think your position, the multiyway nature of this pot, and the semi coordianted flop makes raising a better option on the flop, especially with your read on SB.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:57 PM

What's WA/WB?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:59 PM

i assume way ahead/way behind
Old 04-25-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's WA/WB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Way ahead, way behind.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:20 PM

What is your read on UTG? The pot is large enough at the end for a crying call.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:21 PM

thank you
Old 04-25-2005, 10:25 PM

This is not WA/WB at all. This hand also makes little to no sense. If you are going to raise the river, you have to cap it. If you think you might be outkicked you should have just called on the river and gone for the overcall. If you think your hand is good (which it probably is) you should have capped since it is really hard to put UTG on AQ (while it is easy to put him on A-low suited).

Your should have been able to find a raise somewhere in this hand before the river though. I would normally raise the flop.

Brad

NM - I saw the hand as AJs.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call the river, hero's got AAAk9 (hero's 7 won't play) 8,9,t,j,q kickers beat me. SB raises preflop, must have a high pair lower than Kings or suited broadway that missed his/her suits.

UTG went along for the ride, then bets the river when the 2 aces fell. I'd read him for an Ace-rag, but I'd call anyways. I'd also read him for a loose passive calling station, that raises with two pair or higher and settles down when faced with aggression (this is a BIG ASSUMPTION based upon one hand read...'m I close?) FWIW, i'm not very aggressive on the river (not enough to raise in this situation anyways...) unless I have a very sure win. I like calling here.

anyone...........?
Old 04-25-2005, 11:11 PM

Is this not WA/WB because UTG is in the hand, or becuase hero is way ahead of too many of SB's hands?

If this _was_ a true WA/WB situation against SB, how would the precense of 3 or 4 additional players affect the line you take?