Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 10:30 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Hand Against Boom Boom

we know who we are, and we have a long history against each other. I generally think of him as solid and pretty straightforward

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB
Old 04-24-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Hand Against Boom Boom

[ QUOTE ]
I generally think of him as awesome and pretty awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post
Old 04-24-2005, 10:55 PM

i think that posting this hand in this forum is -ev simply because boomboom now has valueable information on you.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:57 PM

are you guys playing your A games?

upon first glance, i like the flop check and i like the turn call. the river is a bit more tricky though, but what hands would he expect you to call/fold with vs what he'd like you told call/fold with given what he has? so it looks good to me.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:06 PM

I hate the flop. I think I don't like the turn. I don't understand the river given the way you played the flop and turn.

Krishan
Old 04-24-2005, 11:31 PM

Why give him a freecard when theres 3 overcards to your pair? I can't see you inducing a bluff from any solid player here by checking behind on the flop, and protecting yourself against action is not necessary since if he's straightforward is 3-betting his good aces preflop (and thus he'll play a pair of aces pretty passively flop onwards here).

I think a flop bet is better, and if you want to protect against a turn semibluff, a turn check.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:42 PM

I don't understand the flop check through. Most aces he's going to three bet preflop, so in most instances you're ahead here. I'd hate to give a free card with middle pair on a pretty draw happy board. I guess if you're worried about a semi-bluff on the turn you can check through, but it seems like you have value here as well, and can check through the river when the scare card hits. I'm sure there's some meta considerations with this that I'm missing, but isolated it really doesn't look that good.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:58 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
i think that posting this hand in this forum is -ev simply because boomboom now has valueable information on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like losing money to him, so it's cool
Old 04-25-2005, 12:02 AM

there are only 2 overcards to my pair, and I felt checking would gain me some leverage later on. if I check and get raised, I'm in a bind and have to call down. if I check and get called then I have to check behind the turn anyway.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:57 AM

2 overcards, you're right.

What hands checkraises the flop? I really don't think you should be fearful of a flop checkraise at all here; a straightforward solid player doesn't checkraise an ace here, because the only aces strong enough to do so have been reraised preflop.