Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Flop 2 pair and lots of action!!!

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (29.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 32.50 BB

UTG+2 seems tight but no read
MP! is 41% VPIP over 40 and raises way too much during what hands I've seen him play.

Can you tell I'm on tilt? My play is horrible I know. I've folded a lot of winners tonight. Where should I of folded?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Flop 2 pair and lots of action!!!

ill probably lead the flop with a relatively large pot and 5 players in it, then it'll prolly come back to you capped, and THERE i find the fold.
this seems a little weak/tight to me, but i cant imagine top and bottom pair being good here and if it does come back capped to you, i dont think ull have the odds to the boat (and even then your king outs might be dead), so i would say ur only hoping for a jack.
so i fold the flop. if not the flop, then def the turn when its two bets to me
Old 04-24-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ill probably lead the flop with a relatively large pot and 5 players in it,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this was a good idea. I was hoping to check raise the PF capper and make everyone face 2 bets cold.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:02 AM

I'm thinking about finding a fold on the turn calling two back the first time, or I'm folding the river. I don't think you can call your two J outs 100% clean., although I'm sure your Kings are.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:14 AM

There's no chance I fold this here playing 3/6 against loose players (I assume 3/6 players are generally loose). I see it to the river and hope I have the best two pair. I might consider folding playing higher stakes, but not playing 3/6. My opinion is probably contrarian, though...
Old 04-24-2005, 02:37 AM

Warning bells should be going off anytime you find yourself wanting to cold call a 3bet. That said, I dump this hand on the flop.

There are a few times when you are folding the best of it but the majority of the time you are drawing from dead to 4 outs.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where should I of folded?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop. You got to discount the jack outs, as someone might well have a set of queens. Thus you have something like 3.5 outs.

You might possibly be best, but it's going to be real expensive to find that out, as you're sandwiched.