Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Default How does it look ?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

River: (10 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 04-21-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: How does it look ?

Like you were trying to confuse me.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:27 PM

I think you can fold when it's two back to you on the flop.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:28 PM

13-2 not closing the action with a gutshot and with one of the outs being possibly dirty.....it looks pretty bad to me.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:29 PM

Fold to the flop 3-bet. Fold to the first river bet.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:34 PM

what would hilger do? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2005, 10:35 PM

I'm not sure, but it would probably involve open limping pocket jacks UTG.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:30 PM

Jeff, I get a lot of responses about my recommendation for beginning players to limp in early position with JJ. People say I am crazy and therefore my book isn't any good.

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me, but I stand behind my recommendation. But if you make posts about it, you should do it within the context that the recommendation was given. People never talk about my recommendation for advanced players to raise with 77 in early position in tight games.

My book has two chapters on starting hands, one for beginners and one for advanced players. People make assumptions that my charts are intended for all players and they arent't. I can ensure you that I never limp with JJ, but that doesn't make it correct for every player with every bankroll in every type of game.

Beginning players will play their hands too aggressively post flop once they have raised preflop...I've seen it a thousand times. Raising will add very little value to a beginning player's expected value on that hand (and in many cases will decrease their expected value when they go too far with it), and raising will increase their fluctuations which is detrimental to small bankrolls.

And of course short-handed games are a complete different matter.

I just ask that you make arguments within the context of the book.

Matthew