Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 04:47 PM

Default T9o flops top two.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero...

I just call the flop raise because I want overcalls behind me, and I hope that Button will raise the turn. The river is crappy. My line on the river is to bet, and fold to a raise from MP3 or CO. If MP3 and CO both fold, and Button raises, I call. Good line? How's my play overall here?

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: T9o flops top two.

you really don't want overcalls on this flop. 3bet it.
bet/fold the river. anything that raises you has you beat.
this is all minus reads of course.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:55 PM

No reads, this is the first hand I've played, and have watched 3-4 hands while waiting for my BB, but no reads. Why don't I want overcalls on this flop? I have a very strong hand, my only real worry is a gutshot straight draw.

Would you call a river raise from the Button? What if MP3 and CO fold, and Button raises?
Old 04-21-2005, 04:58 PM

I would 3-bet the flop. Go ahead and get your money in with the best hand. You would prefer people behind you to fold as the pot is getting to be a decent size and it would be great for an 8 or J to get out now.

Turn looks good.

I call on the river WAY more than I probably should and it's something I am working on but even I can't see a call here. I would have to check/fold. Maybe that's too weak-tight but I can't imagine your hand being good 1 in 12 or 1 in 14 (or 1 in however large the pot is when it gets back to you) times. I would probably bet/fold if we were heads-up but with 3 opponents I just can't see them all being worse than 2-pair here.

Top two pair can become crap in a hurry. This hand is a good illustration of that. This is a hand that needs to be protected, so I would seize the opportunity to reraise the flop.

I think betting this river into 3 people is pretty futile.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:04 PM

Even if I flopped a set of tens I wouldn't want overcalls on this flop... any 8 or J on the turn is a potential threat to you. You must try to knock as many people out as possible on the flop.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:07 PM

I'm pretty stupid, I didn't even think of OESD possibilities(wierd, I never have trouble reading the board)

3-betting the flop would have been much better than calling.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:14 PM

Hmmm...not sure here.

I think I like to overall on the flop. The board is not really very scary at all - let 'em call I say.

Here's a line that might be good:
The turn card kinda sucks. Now OESDs and possible flush draws are much more interested in hanging around. You have to get rid of them. Check-raise the turn (hopefully Button bets if checked to) to face MP3 and CO with two big bets cold.

Then you can safely bet/fold the river.

I'd like to hear others' thoughts on this line.....

Rich
Old 04-21-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn card kinda sucks. Now OESDs and possible flush draws are much more interested in hanging around. You have to get rid of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late.