Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 01:17 AM

Default How bad?

Button is 20.1/10.1/1.6 Villain is 65/40/1.8.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB
Old 04-21-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: How bad?

Did you ever consider reraising the flop to iso? I think I may have taken the lead on the flop. If villian continues to bet on the turn I would have called down. I would put this guy on anything from AA,KK or maybe even the trip Queens. And he did also hit the inside straight (if he was crazy enough to play it like that.) Let me know how the hand ended up. cheers
Old 04-21-2005, 01:40 AM

How has the maniac been playing at the table? raising everything in site?

Preflop: fine

Flop: Raise it when SB bets into you. Were you attempting a slow play here? The pot is big, the board is draw heavy, you want to try and knock out any gut shot hands (like AJ, for example).

Turn: The raise is fine, I don't cap this, SB has showed no signs of slowing, KK (or AA) is possible but I definately fear QQ or a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River: just call

However alot of this depends on how the villian has been playing over the past few rounds.... If he was raising like a maniac I think I play it your way.

What do you think the button had?
Old 04-21-2005, 01:45 AM

For goodness sake, don't you the PFR always has AK? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]