Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 02:02 PM

Default 55, Party 15

Party 15/30, Good game. Hero has pocket 5h,5c's in cutoff, fold to me, I raise, button who is Super Lag preflop(52/18/1.5) 3 bets, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls. (5BB)

Flop 6d, 4c, 5d.

SB Checks, Hero Bets, Button Raises, SB folds, Hero calls. (7BB)

Turn 4d

Hero Checks, Button Bets, Hero Raises, Button Calls. (11BB)

River Ad

Hero Bets, Button Calls. (13BB)

Button is donk, Thoughts on c/r river, any other streets played differently?

Thanks Dave
Old 04-20-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: 55, Party 15

Looks solid to me...a Lag might even raise the river when he hits his AK. An alternate line could be playing the flop fast hoping to get three bets in on the turn. You played the hand good though.

Jeff
Old 04-20-2005, 02:12 PM

i dont like it.

what i dont like is calling the flop & checkraising the turn....there are draws out there that he'd be willing to cap given he's a donk.

he may have a big pair or overs he'll play fast.

i 3 bet the flop every time against the opponent described and then LEAD THE TURN.

imo you cost yourself $$ this hand by checkraising the turn after calling the flop. lead and 3 bet. aggros are the ones you have to manipulate like that OOP.

dont c'r the river...he may have a naked ace with no diamond that he'll call but not bet (take a free showdown)

-Barron
Old 04-20-2005, 02:15 PM

A lag might 3-bet the turn with AK and definitely will with any overpair allowing you to 4-bet. I agree that playing the flop fast is a good line also, but I don't think I can call the way he played this "bad."

Jeff
Old 04-20-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lag might 3-bet the turn with AK and definitely will with any overpair allowing you to 4-bet. I agree that playing the flop fast is a good line also, but I don't think I can call the way he played this "bad."

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

is there a line he could take that would be "bad."?? no... so you're right i was a little over whatever by saying bad...

just relative to how much he could earn by playing it fast its not as good.

so sorry, not bad...but not best imo.

-Barron
Old 04-20-2005, 02:26 PM

If your gonna lead the flop then 3-bet when he raises. The way you played it you showed a lot of strength, and limited the value you got on it. Waiting till the expensive street to raise against a LAG is not something I do, just because it's so likely that you can get multiple bets on each street.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:28 PM

I have posted a few times before but now I understand fully when I here people tell others you have to post more hands and listen to there feed back. With just those couple of response's I see how benificial this is going to be.

I have been playing for about 2 years, and In all my play am ahead about $7000. I'm trying and appreciate all your help. Thanks again.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i 3 bet the flop every time against the opponent described and then LEAD THE TURN.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I look at the WTSD percentage. Nothing worse than 3 betting and watching him fold right there, or 3 betting, leading the turn there and have him fold then.

This line OP took was the line most likely to get an extra big bet in while sacrificing a SB. To make this assessment properly, I believe, you need to know what the chances are this guy will fold the turn to your bet.

My guess is that you will be pretty close no matter what line you take.