Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 04:20 PM

Default I\'ve been run over by flushes and need help

Really, i need help. It seemed like there was a flush bonus on Pacific today, and i had to pay off everyone who hit one.

So in a multiway pot, i pretty much know when to back off if the flush draw hits. But, shorthanded, i'm really having trouble with this.

Somehow it seems to weak to just give up on a hand every time the flush draw hits the board and i get action. And by action i mean betting and getting raised, being bet into, or just being called down. I've tried everything today, and nothing worked.

I've already posted a desperate cry for help in the probability forum, because i really believe it's been an impossible beating i've taken today. Every board seemed to have a flush draw on it, and every time i was in a hand and the board was coordinated, they made a flush. And i'm not talking about 7-way flops here. It was 2- or 3-handed.

So the question is:

If you and 1 or 2 other players see the flop, it's 2-suited, you bet and they call without odds, the flush draw hits the turn... what do you do.

I mean this in general terms... i know it would differ if you're in position or not etc...

Thx
Old 04-18-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: I\'ve been run over by flushes and need help

Call down and fold to huge action? They are making you money in the long run remember, you're just on a bad swing. Flush draws = dogs (most of the time). Especially if more than one is on the draw.