Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Q9s in BB

First hand, no reads

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Too aggro? Fold to the river raise?
Old 04-18-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Q9s in BB

you'd have to have a read here. would people slowplay trips or Top Pair? what were the table conditions- tight, passive, aggressive? anybody noticably waiting 'til river to bet?

i don't think i'd bet out the turn either being first to act. i'd wait to see what others did. the pot is small and not really worth fighting over. if it's checked through i'd bet the river though.

that said, i'd call the river though you're probably beaten and you should fold. i have an expensively bad habit of being curious for 1 bet [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2005, 04:27 PM

Are you really hoping to get called when you bet the river? IOW, how much value do you think you are getting when you bet the riv?

Brad
Old 04-18-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too aggro? Fold to the river raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about open-fold the turn? Not seriously, but you've 4 players voluntarily putting money into the pot PF, and you don't think one of them has an ace that he's stupid enough to slow-play? In .5/1? C'mon, Shelly!

Check/fold the turn. I don't think there's zero chance you're ahead, here, but you're not ahead enough to be playing this small a pot OOP. If it checks through on the turn, do it again on the river. If it checks through on the river then you win 2.75BB, don't spend it all in one place.