Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Any value in betting?

Sat at the table for about 2 rounds...
30 hands on villian, 14/11/1 (VP$P/PFR/AF - am i posting the right stats?)
MP2 just joined with very short stack and seems loose

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ??

Pf, should I raise to isolate and gain position, or do I worry that MP2 will come along for the ride anyways, and by reraising I make the pot big enough to give enough odds for overpair draws on the flop?

I also considered folding pf, but since the table is not terribly loose (so I didn't expect many callers, but also not super aggressive, so I didn't expect many raises/cold callers) I figured I could call - should I pick another table?
Old 04-18-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Any value in betting?

Yes, bet. He raises a lot preflop (even though he is tight) so he could have AK/AQ/AJs/KQs/etc. and you will likely take the pot down with a bet. He seems to be pretty rockish, so if you're check raised - you fold. If he calls I find no value in betting river. Just check it behind.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:50 AM

Bet. He looks like he is playing overs, so you still look like you are ahead, and have decent fold equity. Giving a free card here is devastating.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:57 AM

my thoughts were that if he has a high pp, he would check raise the turn, and I would have to fold...and is there any possibility he might bluff-cr turn with overs? or am I giving him too much credit? and if he had overcards that didn't hit, he might bluff the river if it got checked around on the turn, and I would call assuming the A didn't hit?

I'm kinda torn between betting to protect and not betting to see a showdown...
Old 04-18-2005, 05:15 AM

Bet. You lose the same as calling a bet on the river, assuming you fold to a CR, and you don't give him the chance to draw out for free.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pf, should I raise to isolate and gain position, or do I worry that MP2 will come along for the ride anyways, and by reraising I make the pot big enough to give enough odds for overpair draws on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
This doesn't make any sense. Who are you isolating preflop? You openlimped, you can't isolate if someone hasn't limped ahead of you.

You shouldn't worry about raising "giving correct odds" to people. That's not why you raise/don't raise.

Bet the turn. You're more than likely ahead here.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:59 AM

Bet the turn, take down the pot, on to the next hand.