Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 09:47 PM

Default QQ, was this weak tight?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds

MP1 is unknown. Bet the flop? Bet the turn if no one shows any aggression? Once I did check the flop and MP1 bets on my right, what do you do?

And what are the chances noone has an ace with this many people to the flop?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: QQ, was this weak tight?

U need to bet this flop everytime. If raised you can re-evaluate on the turn.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:18 PM

grunchin.....

I bet the flop. There is probably an ace out there with that many people, but I bet. If I am raised on the flop I fold. I don't like this situation because I am probably beat with that many callers. If all the players call on the flop then you almost have the pot odds for a queen draw (2 outs) and probably have the implied odds to go here.

Turn: if no aggression on the flop then I bet again.

River: I check/call here. If somebody has the ace then they will call me bet, if I check I have the chance for a free showdown.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:46 AM

Aw, that's an easy flop bet, man. Depending on the subsequent action, and who calls you, you can reevaluate, but I think you're giving up too easily.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:00 AM

I'd follow up with a flop bet since you raised PF. You may be betting into 6 other players, but theres a chance no one has an ace. You might also even knock a weak tightie off ace-rag. I'd bet the turn depending on what happens.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:04 AM

I would have bet the flop and check/folded the turn UI after not thinning the field.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:23 AM

I would've bet out on the flop (with a pot this big, I'm not ready to give up yet, and betting may fold a weak A), but I don't think it's a huge mistake to check and fold the turn UI (or bet the turn if it's checked to you again). You've got 6 opponents, an A overcard, possible flush/straight draws. With so many people playing A-rag, I think it's a marginal decision.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:34 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (In the dark)

I really don't like the play. I think you have to bet that flop. Unless the table is incredibly passive, I think someone with the Ace bets the flop. If you get raised, then you can fold the turn unimproved.

You could be the best hand on the turn, so given that you're getting 8-1 pot odds I think you have to call that bet and then call down the river. (Unless another heart hits and the betting goes crazy)

Kong98
Old 04-16-2005, 01:47 AM

Bet the flop.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
grunchin.....

I bet the flop. There is probably an ace out there with that many people, but I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats wrong. Stop thinking this way. If theres an ace out there, you check/fold, as you don't have odds to continue.

There's a 60% chance no one got dealt an ace if theres one on the flop. Someone might have folded the ace anyway preflop. You must bet, not because 'oh theres always an ace', but because you have a very good chance of having the best hand.