Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 05:15 PM

Default 2/5 NL 6 handed kings...welcome the reraise?

2/5 NL interpoker

i hold KK in the CO. button is a loose guy, will see any flop for almost any raise, and loves to pay off when he has a draw. i have around 270 behind at the beginning.

i raise to 20, button calls, sb raises to 70. i should call or reraise all in? both have me covered.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL 6 handed kings...welcome the reraise?

[ QUOTE ]
2/5 NL interpoker

i hold KK in the CO. button is a loose guy, will see any flop for almost any raise, and loves to pay off when he has a draw. i have around 270 behind at the beginning.

i raise to 20, button calls, sb raises to 70. i should call or reraise all in? both have me covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling is fine (push any ace-less flop) and allin preflop is OK too.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:19 PM

I'd re-raise 120 in order to commit SB to the pot, and push on a Q-less flop (I'm not worried about an Ace).

You'll probably get a lot more feedback on this hand in the small-stakes NL forum.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:37 PM

that reraise is essentially putting me all in, plus i lose action from the button if i raise. by calling, i think i can represent something like AK etc, especially as a short stack.

i called. does anyone like this line? i hate raising because i'm most probably going to win a small pot whereas i am comfortable pushing my chips in the middle on most flops when i call.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:40 PM

Reraise all in....I don't think this one is close
Old 04-14-2005, 12:40 AM

how is this not close at all? i reraise all in, i get no action from QQ JJ AK that put in this second raise, all of which i am dominant and can take a flop with. i am not worried about button's holding at all, he probably has some garbage 89o.

if sb has AA, the result whether i move in or not will be the same, unless the small chance an A hits the flop.

AK, he's around 5-1 against catching on the flop. the times he does hits, he's not getting any implied from me.

QQ or JJ, he's 8.5-1 against catching. this is the only time i am stacking off my opponent.

keep in mind i WANT button to call, because his hand is almost certainly worthless, and won't get any implied from me if he does indeed hold an ace.

in the event i reraise all in, button will probably fold his hand, and let's say sb has AA, AK, QQ, JJ.

in short, i feel like there are a good many flops where i dominate sb and be able to get the money in, while there are very few flops that i don't enjoy with my short stack and i can get away from if they come. therefore, i feel calling is superior to raising all in, because that kills my action.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:14 AM

shorthanded i really like 3betting all in more and more.

I used to be of the thought of never 3bet preflop yadda yadda, and for the most part (exceptions being a short stack, just putting them in, I guess) that was for full. I'm going back to shorthanded and I attack the blinds alot. In turn, they playback at me. I wont have a monster hand enough times to "smooth call and bust them," and calling with a weaker esque hand really cripples me when they lead at me on the flop and I basically need to hit or fold, which gives them the one up.

So I really like 3betting, but only if you plan on 3betting a bit more hands then KK. If you wont, then just call.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i called. does anyone like this line?

[/ QUOTE ]
no

[ QUOTE ]
i hate raising because i'm most probably going to win a small pot

[/ QUOTE ]
The secret way to make the pot bigger is to raise btf. Don't tell.

[ QUOTE ]
i am comfortable pushing my chips in the middle on most flops when i call.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're more comfortable pushing naked Aces / Kings / Queens against multiple players on the flop, rather than btf? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2005, 02:26 AM

two players. one of which i'm almost sure i have dominated, and if not i'm losing anyway, and the other of which is practically dead money in the pot.

i raise, they get off cheap. i'm not deep enough to worry about it become multihanded on the flop. obviously if i'm deeper stacked this is a reraise. why would i not be comfortable pushing when if i call, and the button calls, the pot will be bigger than what i have behind?

i don't see how it's a simple, oh i have kings, i should just reraise all in and blast anyone who might give me action later on. a call from a short stack could mean two big overcards, and a small overpair on a small board can easily try to push.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:28 AM

i will usually not three bet without KK or AA.