Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Makes me sick.....

Both villains are typical loose party fish, 54/0/.4 and 68/2/1.0 after 50 hands:

Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Party .5/1 10 handed ring game:

PF:
Hero raises, fold, MP1 coldcalls, fold, fold, LP coldcalls, fold, button coldcalls, sb folds, bb folds..

Flop: (4 players, 8sb)
A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, 3 calls.

Turn: (4 players, 5.5bb)
7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, 3 calls.

River (4 players, 9.5bb)
K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, MP1 bets, LP raises, button folds, hero folds, MP1 calls.

<font color="white">Results:
UTG shows
MP shows KQo - Pair of Kings
LP shows KTo - 2pairs, Kings and Tens
LP wins $13.25 with 2pairs....

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I stand by my fold, but CMON! Did they not see the 4flush on the board??? Damn I wanted that board to pair so bad!
</font>
Old 04-12-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Makes me sick.....

Bet the river.... Seriously...bet the river...then we can evaluate if we want to fold this. Checking the river allows stuff like this to happen, you get bluffed off the best hand. I mean you do have a set of aces...plus you only need to be good like 1/12ish...which is easily made up by the time where you bet and everyone folds the river.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:23 PM

I can't beleive anyone without a spade is gonna call the bet, with 4 players on the river. Anyone without a spade will fold, and I just gave the bet away to anyone WITH a spade. So I put a bet out there and either 1. lose it, or 2. everyone folds and I get no return on it. I gain nothing in a best case scenario, it's -EV.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:28 PM

Betting this river into 3 other players with a four flush on board? Noooo waaay!
Old 04-12-2005, 02:33 PM

Nice hand. I like the check, you don't want to show down with more than one opponent or for more than one bet.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:36 PM

HU you have to bet this river, 4handed well thats the breaks, always another hand
Old 04-12-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't beleive anyone without a spade is gonna call the bet, with 4 players on the river. Anyone without a spade will fold, and I just gave the bet away to anyone WITH a spade. So I put a bet out there and either 1. lose it, or 2. everyone folds and I get no return on it. I gain nothing in a best case scenario, it's -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but you do gain something...the pot. Betting the river here, when you have the best hand, gives you a chance to win the whole pot, not just the calls.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:40 PM

Funny, I had the *exact* same hand this weekend in a 2/4 game in Atlantic City, but with the high cards taken down a notch (KK instead of AA, K flops for trips). I checked and crying-called the river, and won. I wasn't sure at the time if it was right to do; I called primarily on body language (the other players did the "I dunno, maybe it's good enough" shrug, so I joined in with mine, assuming I was sunk but unwilling to fold the hand to a table that was as bizarre as any I've encountered. The other players had low pairs with low kickers, no flushes. Crazy.

I'm glad you posted this hand, because I've been thinking that one over ever since.

-jake.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:43 PM

Meh, i'd bet/fold unless i was closing the action. Well, i'll be c/f this from now on and this is why i post [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Note: I only saw 3 opponents when I was reading this...betting into four is somewhat suicidal i suppose
Old 04-12-2005, 02:47 PM

Tough board. Firefly's suggestion may make sense in this hand. That is, you led out on every street. Your check on the river may have let the villians think they have the best hand (if they have no fear of a check raise from you).