Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Early stage TT hand

So ive figured out a way to essentially freeroll in the bodog 100K guarentees, and i suck at tourneys. So hands will be posted in the future. I will start with a simple one.
table fairly loose, but ive just been moved a couple of orbits ago, so no real reads.

Blinds 15/30

me: T665
villian T860

Preflop:

folded to villian, who raises to T100. I raise to 260. I think this might have been a mistake. Folded back to villian, who calls.

Flop 874, all spades. Pot is 565

Checked to me. I push for 405. Villian calls.

Thoughts?

peace

john nickle
Old 04-10-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Early stage TT hand

I just call pf. This is a tough flop, and all you are ahead of is 99. I would probably get away from it, but if you are a short stack, you are going to have to gamble sometime, and this isnt too bad of a time.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:19 PM

What position is villain raising from? What position are you in? Do you have the T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

I would either push or call preflop. If villain had already opened for a few raises already while you've been at the table, I'd go ahead and push. If he had been pretty quiet, I'd just call and see a flop.

This will be a hard flop to get away from, especially if you have the T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. If you have a live spade, you have a draw against a higher pocket pair that doesn't have one.

My guess is that villain had AKo, with a spade.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:30 PM

I agree. When you only have T665, it is a big mistake to make it 260 with TT after someone raises. You can either push or call (folding might be an option if you know the raiser is very tight).

Personally I prefer to push preflop. Most of the time you get hands like AJ to fold.

The problem with your reraise is that if you are called, there's 565 in the pot and you have only 405 left. That means you will usually have to put your chips in on the flop even when you think you are an underdog.