Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Flopped set - lot of action....

Empire .5/1.

Todays characters:

UTG: Just sat down at table one orbit before. VP$IP is low, but too early to determine.
MP1: Calling station. Any piece of flop, calls down.
Button: Over 45 hands, his VP$IP is in the 90's. He has went to over 90% of showdowns, and has won 8% of them.
BB: LAG.

Hero was dealt: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG calls, [folds], MP1 calls, MP2 calls, [folds], Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks. BB bets. UTG raises. MP1 calls. MP2 folds. Hero 3-bets. Button calls. SB folds. BB calls. UTG caps. MP1 calls. Hero calls, Button Calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets. UTG raises. MP1 calls. Hero 3-bets. Button calls. BB caps. UTG calls. MP1 calls. Hero calls. Button calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets. UTG calls. MP1 calls. Hero raises. Button calls. BB 3-bets. UTG calls. MP1 calls. Hero caps. Button calls. BB calls.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Flopped set - lot of action....

Thank goodness. I had a sinking feeling I was going to be looking at another slowplaying post.

Way to 3bet the flop. With a button like that, he'll call all three bets. When you get to the turn, though, you have to wonder what these people are going bonkers with. Two pair? Were these guys loose enough to limp with 72o, 73o, or the unlikely 32? A7?

Unless you have a read on BB as a maniac or on tilt, I don't think that raising the river is good here, especially since UTG likes his hand quite a bit as well. That three is not particularly good for you. Sure, you "improved" to a full house, but you're not beating anything that you weren't beating before. Now, 73 and 32 have overtaken you. If you won this pot, I tip my hat in your general direction. However, I bet you got shown some combination of A7, 33, 32, and 77, and you can't be shown two of those and still win.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:22 PM

Are you looking for input or are you bragging?

You fast played a set, good job.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:43 PM

Ya it looks great the whole way through but i have to wonder what BB is raising with on that board. I think someone might have a higher set here but I would have played the same

EDIT nm forgot BB is a LAG
Old 04-11-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you looking for input or are you bragging?

You fast played a set, good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I meant to say I was asking for input. I initially wrote "Should I have slowed down on the turn(straight possibility) or the river?", however I thought it might bias the answers somewhat so deleted it...then forgot to write anything. Whoops.

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you have a read on BB as a maniac or on tilt, I don't think that raising the river is good here, especially since UTG likes his hand quite a bit as well. That three is not particularly good for you. Sure, you "improved" to a full house, but you're not beating anything that you weren't beating before. Now, 73 and 32 have overtaken you. If you won this pot, I tip my hat in your general direction. However, I bet you got shown some combination of A7, 33, 32, and 77, and you can't be shown two of those and still win.

[/ QUOTE ]

In white...

<font color="white"> Your hat can stay where it is.

Results:

UTG: TT
MP1: A6o
Button: KT(yhup)
Hero: 22
BB: A3o. (Winner)

In hindsight, BB's play appears to make sense. He bets the flop because his pair could be good. He slowed down, but on the turn sped up with two pair, then he rivered the full house.

I think calling down on that river is the best thing, however I'm not a math guy so not 100% sure on that.
</font>