Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Call/Call/Call line here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue"> I know this raise is somewhat questionable but it's right out of SSH's tight game PF rec's... </font>

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
<font color="blue">
I took the call/call/call line here from a lot of threads I've been reading lately - especially Q-Tips poo-bah thesis. Is this a good use of it here or should I be raising at some point? I figure there's no way to protect my hand with the bettor being to my left, and a raise isn't really for value since I'm either pretty far ahead or way behind. </font>
Old 04-07-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Call/Call/Call line here?

This is a great PF raise. I will raise this hand 100% of the time in this situation.

Nice hand.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:38 PM

The only thing that's questionable PF is why you think it's questionable. You must raise.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:51 PM

If you were heads up I think this line is probably fine.

With the other guy in the middle I think a raise somewhere would be prudent.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:12 AM

Why do you have to raise this hand? I have been raising hands such as this from the button almost every time on these limits at party. Most players are very very passive at these limits and will flat call with A10 and up and then let you bet the hand for them.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:51 AM

I like your raise preflop. A9s is a pretty strong hand and here you have dead money (poster) in the pot. Calling or folding would be pretty bad.

Postflop your line is ok I guess but like cold cash I would have found a raise somewhere because of the MP1 still being in the hand.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:13 AM

I actually like the call/call/call line here. The board was not draw heavy and by calling down you can induce betting by a worse hand.

It would have been okay if you raised the flop to see where you stand. Either line is fine IMO.

Ship__It.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:17 AM

Raise for info on the flop! The response you get could save you the trouble of staying and wasting 2 BB's
Old 04-08-2005, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually like the call/call/call line here. The board was not draw heavy and by calling down you can induce betting by a worse hand.

It would have been okay if you raised the flop to see where you stand. Either line is fine IMO.

Ship__It.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the call call call because it makes you look passive, and extracts the most money from a worse hand. And you get to see a showdown, rather then having a war and folding to an unknown.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this raise is somewhat questionable but it's right out of SSH's tight game PF rec's...

[/ QUOTE ]

[Replying before reading other posts - grunching]

I'm not sure about the call/call/call line - I don't have a good enough understanding of it - but I have a problem with your first line. It's been mentioned by others in some other threads that we shouldn't raise because the good book tells us to. Why are you raising here?

I would say that your raise is because A9s is a pretty good hand! Particularly against the blinds and a poster.

So now to see what everyone else wrote.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

EDIT: Misread the board - hero is already the button.