Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Did I wimp out or make the prudent move?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

I'd love opinions on all streets..I was 6 tabling and didn't check my reads on these guys...think I went a little weak or palyed it safe? I am known to be a bit of a LAG at times.

BB is 59/7/1
UTG+1 is 98/12/0

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

OK everybody in...

Flop: (28.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

anyone cap this...I don't really see the point...is there one I am missing?

Turn: (19.66 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

This guy won't stop betting, am I right to just call? with the 3 flush and paired board? He pretty much could have any two cards and his AF is only 1.

River: (22.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

He's still betting...Missed value raise or should I just call down?

Final Pot: 25.66 BB
Old 04-08-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Did I wimp out or make the prudent move?

Me thinks that I would find a raise on one of the big streets probably the turn.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Me thinks that I would find a raise on one of the big streets probably the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

A raise? Against a guy this passive I'd be looking to find a fold, though the flush draw get you to the river, and by that time you have odds to call one more bet, so I'm having trouble.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:29 AM

I think you played it fine. If the pot hadn't been so big I would even had found a fold on the turn. 3 dimonds and two 2s on the board and bb keeps betting out and is overcalled by UTG .

With the pot being huge it is worth calling it down but I would for sure not put any more raises in.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:32 AM

Doesn't such a high vpip make aggression numbers look deceptively low. I am definately not looking to fold this hand in this pot. Plus you just conterfeited top 2 pair. There are a lot of overpair and pair+flush combinations that could be played that way. That said getting 3-bet sucks so I am a little torn but I like my hand.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't such a high vpip make aggression numbers look deceptively low.

[/ QUOTE ]

i forgot about that fact. i wonder just how great the impact is though.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:55 AM

How can anyone fold this? Tbere are 7 players in a capped pot preflop, sure that means there are alot of hands out there like sets and flushes, but this pot is [censored] huge.

EDIT: Im not saying raise, either, personally, I think the hand was played good.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can anyone fold this? Tbere are 7 players in a capped pot preflop, sure that means there are alot of hands out there like sets and flushes, but this pot is [censored] huge.

EDIT: Im not saying raise, either, personally, I think the hand was played good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say he should fold it. I said I would be looking for a fold, but couldn't find it anyplace in the hand. That is, it sure looks like he's beat after the flop, but the flush draw and his 2 outer (and the small chance his hand is good) make calling correct.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:10 AM

I got you, I misread your post. I seen fold and that was it.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:13 AM

I think you played it fine. You shouldn't fold this hand, especially with the flush draw. As for the aggression stats along with high vpip's, i would say that even when someone has a high VPIP, if their PF raise % is low, you give them respect. Also, I'd like to know how many hands hero had against these guys before taking the numbers too seriously