Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Michael Waltrip Poker Tournament.. Sucked at the end

I was enjoying it, watching how well(or bad) the different drivers were until it got headsup Between Gordon and Stewart. Gordon had a bit of chip lead and all the sudden they call Sudden Death and each player is forced allin preflop until there is a winner. That just sucked play poker for however long and then decide the winner like that? Sudden Death lasted 4 hands. Both men picked up 10 5 first for a split pot, the second hand was a split with them Having A3 vs A4 when high cards come on the board. Third hand Gordon was forced in with 23 and Stewart had AQ.. Then Stewart had A3 vs 74 and bamm it was over. Why not just flip coins and decide who wins? This is going to be series of tournaments to earn points, not sure if I am going to bother to watch anymore.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Michael Waltrip Poker Tournament.. Sucked at the end

I agree - the ending was definitely lame. However, the show was still worth watching, just for the unintentionally humorous commentary of Barry Tompkins. I almost fell out of my seat when he called Waltrip "a pretty good card player". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2005, 07:44 AM

I think it's VERY good for poker, holdem esp.

I, too thought the "sudden death" was absurd, but the market for 'NASCAR poker' is huge and will only expose more people to the game and I think that's good...like they keep saying, "hey, this IS fun...'

And frankly, I love the idea a lot of money is going charities, this IS a good thing for a lot of people that are hurting IMO.

I can't believe I actually watched (and got involved in) the Celebrity Championship also tonight!

A pretty chick won and gave the $100,000 to help cats! 2nd, $20,000, went to the Gulf vererans.

I think it's both good for poker AND helping poor, etc people...win, win situation IMHO.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:48 AM

The more nascar fans that get into the game.. the better. When Nascar is in town (Vegas) there is no better selection of games. It's better than Final Four, Christmas, and New Years combined. I love nascar fans.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The more nascar fans that get into the game.. the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's VERY good for poker, holdem esp.

I, too thought the "sudden death" was absurd, but the market for 'NASCAR poker' is huge and will only expose more people to the game and I think that's good...like they keep saying, "hey, this IS fun...'

And frankly, I love the idea a lot of money is going charities, this IS a good thing for a lot of people that are hurting IMO.

I can't believe I actually watched (and got involved in) the Celebrity Championship also tonight!

A pretty chick won and gave the $100,000 to help cats! 2nd, $20,000, went to the Gulf vererans.

I think it's both good for poker AND helping poor, etc people...win, win situation IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it helps the image of poker. Suddenly we don';t seem to be the sleazeballs society pictures us as.