Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 09:57 AM

Default bad experience at the bellagio?

So, i just came back from a weekend in Vegas. Had a great time, except for having a horrible experience playing 4/8 at the Bellagio Saturday night. I honestly have never met so many assholes in my life.

One guy threatened to stick the Russian mafia on the dealer. Another asked to see my mucked cards on a hand he wasn’t even in. There were multiple screaming matches about people making stupid plays/calls/raises – enough to make dealers say “hey, this is just a friendly game of poker” to which the table responded “not anymore.” At the first table I sat, there was a guy trying to pose as a WSOP winner by wearing a gold bracelet that looked similar. He spent the entire time I was there (which wasn’t too long) talking about how he loved fleecing the tourists.

Hell, this is 4/8 – the lowest limit they spread. I was shocked. Was this unusual? Did I just get really unlucky with the 2 tables I sat at? I was really looking forward to playing there, but these people ruined my night. And when you combine that with the total lack of cocktail service (honestly it took over an hr between drinks) and no poker comps, I really have no urge to play the Bellagio again any time soon. Sigh.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: bad experience at the bellagio?

OK, that just BLOWS, and not in a good way! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Confirms why I do not have any desire to play at the Bellagio.

I suggest Excalibur as a place to go and have fun playing as well as several other places where I am sure the [censored] count is far lower than you saw!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:49 AM

I played the 2/5 NL game there so it was a LITTLE more serious than your average 4/8 game but not by much. When I was there I found it enjoyable. But I agree with you about the cocktails. It was absolutly TERRIBLE.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:55 AM

i mean, it might also have been a factor that i usually play 2/4 and egos go up the higher the limits in general. but the players were only slightly better than ones i've found at the lower limits since that is the lowest limit they spread. i wanted to kill the guys yelling at the fish for calling with everything. obviously none of them had read SSH.

i also played excaliber, luxor and mgm and had much better experiences at all. excaliber rocks during the day, and i found some good games at mgm.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:05 AM

Probably some of the people who play 4/8 at Bellagio are very mediocre players who think they are or want to be playing in the Big Game.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, i just came back from a weekend in Vegas. Had a great time, except for having a horrible experience playing 4/8 at the Bellagio Saturday night. I honestly have never met so many assholes in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been my experience that the smallest game in a high limit room is not as friendly or fun as the same limit played where it is the standard or one of the biggest games in the room.

~ Rick
Old 04-06-2005, 12:02 PM

I have always hated the Bellagio. I go to LV twice a year (for past 7 years) for vacation and poker. Last trip was the first time I just said no and didn't even walk in the place.

The toughest game I ever played was a 4/8 game there filled with local rocks and a few real good players. I have also experienced the screaming matches and threatening of dealers there. I have just gotten up and walked out at some of this behavior even though the games was soft.

And I just despise the chairs there. Those wobbly ass worn out adjustable chairs just suck enormously. I'm headed back out to LV in 3 weeks and one thing I know for sure is I won't be playing at the Bellagio. The 8/16 there has always been my favorite but the crappy chairs coupled with the crappy environment means I have more fun someplace else no matter how soft the games are.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:29 PM

You know you can request a table change, right?
Old 04-06-2005, 12:37 PM

yeah. i did request a table change but ended up being moved to a worse table - the one where the yelling matches and dealer threatenning happenned. at that point, i didn't feel like moving again. my boyfriend and i just left.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:44 PM

I've probably played at Bellagio 40-50 days in the last couple of years and I've only had mild problems with the players. Compared to Foxwoods, they're saints and angels.

Also, I've never had slow cocktail service. Your experience might have been the result of the temporary poker room. Even so, just tip the waitress $5 for your first drink next time and you'll have nothing to worry about.

The Bear