Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Move up? How do I look?

I know its a little low as far as total hands go, but how do I look? I have won some at 2/4 and 3/6 only about 800 hands there. I moved down when i realized i was playing with fire.

Those stats are since March 1st 4 tabling. I have played about another 1k hands previously at that limit and won at a slightly lower rate ( also before i read SSHE) I am thinking i want to move up to 1/2 or maybe 2/4 soon after.

Thanks if you offer any advice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Move up? How do I look?

Your sample is too small. You don't raise enough preflop.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:40 AM

I don't raise enough PF? What should I be aiming for? I tend to be pretty aggressive post flop. I had a pretty bad run of cards I am wondering if that has affected my pfr% or if I am playing to soft. Is almost 8% really that low?

I have cold called 25 times in those hands. Any other advice? Any other stats help?
Old 04-07-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't raise enough PF? What should I be aiming for?

[/ QUOTE ]

9-10%

[ QUOTE ]
I have cold called 25 times in those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really depends on what you're calling with and when. If you're CC'ing with KQs or when UTG raises and gets four callers you can CC any kinds of stuff. But if you're CC'ing something like KJo or QJo, that's a different matter.

[ QUOTE ]
Any other advice? Any other stats help?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd tighten up a little both Pre and post flop as you more up, but that will take care of itself mostly.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:18 AM

Sample is way too small. I think that you need at least 20K hands before you can consider your stats to be at all accurate. Also, I think that a PFR in the upper 7's is okay for the party .5/1 games. Probably should be higher at 1/2 and up where you have a better chance of stealing or getting it heads up.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:21 AM

One other thing about moving up. I think that you should move up to a level if you've beaten the previous level at a reasonable rate, have a bankroll of 200-300 BB for the new game, and are comfortable with losing 50 BB's in a session. If you're playing 1/2 and you really get upset when you're bankroll is 100 lower after the session then you shouldn't play bc you haven't gotten used to playing for that amount of money.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:43 AM

well, I am going to give my opinion, even though I am just a newbie: I think you should move up, 'cos there isn't that much difference in the way people play between 0.5/1 and 1/2 (I can tell, loosing with AA vs Q8...and I play at Interpoker which is not the wildest site around...)...maybe there are a couple of people paying more attention and playing more tightly...Maybe you could start with only two tables to see how you feel, and if you are comfortable, increase the number of tables...
But, it's true that the main question is: do you have the BR??? Do you have at least 600 bucks to survive the swings??? If the answer is yes, I definitely think you should move up!
Well, I hope you will have advices from more experienced players than me!
Good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think that a PFR in the upper 7's is okay for the party .5/1 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. There's a lot of hands you should be raising for value that most of you aren't.

2 limpers and you're in MP3 with KTs. I hope most of you raise this, but I know a lot of you limp it. I've even seen some of you limp KJs.

My VPIP at .5/1 is 23, with a PFR of 12. I'm working on adding hands and playing more aggressively as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 04-07-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. There's a lot of hands you should be raising for value that most of you aren't.

2 limpers and you're in MP3 with KTs. I hope most of you raise this, but I know a lot of you limp it. I've even seen some of you limp KJs.

My VPIP at .5/1 is 23, with a PFR of 12. I'm working on adding hands and playing more aggressively as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a little bit of a double edge sword Rob, you are a better postflop player than most of us regular micros so you have more leeway preflop .. it is more fun playing more hands but something you have to ease into
Old 04-07-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a little bit of a double edge sword Rob, you are a better postflop player than most of us regular micros so you have more leeway preflop .. it is more fun playing more hands but something you have to ease into

[/ QUOTE ]

7% is pretty low against typical Party .5/1 donks even if you're not great postflop. 9% is probably fine, and I'd say the extra 2% will make a difference.

What it really comes down to is knowing the players you're up against, which is something that comes with time, observation, etc. However, people missing out on the hands that really aren't marginal -- like KJs and KTs and QJs and KQo and AJo and 77/88 in LP -- are losing money whether they're decent postflop or not.

Rob