Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 01:46 AM

Default 88 vs an unkown

Villian is an unkown.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises...</font>

My line is to fold to a 3-bet, bet the turn again if he just calls (folding to a check-raise), and check through the river.

Yes? no?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: 88 vs an unkown

People limp-reraise some godawful [censored]. I'm not taking any line that will get me to fold here against an unknown donk.

Rob
Old 04-06-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People limp-reraise some godawful [censored]. I'm not taking any line that will get me to fold here against an unknown donk.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not my experience. If it's multiway I see them do it alot with junk, but I rarely see people do it with junk HU like this.

What line do you take?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not my experience. If it's multiway I see them do it alot with junk, but I rarely see people do it with junk HU like this.

What line do you take?

[/ QUOTE ]

I call a lot. You've got position and you can make sure one bet goes in on each street.

I'd say limp-reraises are [censored] about 50% of the time, decent hands the other 50%. They're crap more often in multiway pots. I also cap frequently against LRR's with hands I'm willing to raise in the first place.

The biggest problem I have with raising here is that generally you won't have folding equity against his better hands, like QQ-KK (and AA), but getting to a showdown against an unknown is preferrable. So I'd call and bet if checked to.

Rob