Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Check-raised on turn and river

No real read on BB here, other than that he was fairly tight, but when he played a hand, he was pretty erratic/tricky.

My main questions are about my turn and river play. I had no idea where I was at- I figured Villian had an Ace (or maybe a flush draw) by his turn CR, but when he did it again on the river, I really had no idea what my play should be. Seeing monsters? Poorly played AK? K6 or K9? No idea really.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 04-04-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Check-raised on turn and river

that's not how I would play AK-you said the BB was fairly tight, so maybe he has Axs. I probably woulda just called down on the river.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:25 PM

Raise PF. You have a good hand.
Reraise the river. You have a good hand.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:26 PM

What he said.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:27 PM

raise that up preflop. Not raising it is y far bigger than any mistake you made postflop. I will personally come to your house and beat you with a copy of SSH if I ever see a hand where you limp AK again...

Now that that's out of the way... I think your play here is pretty good. If UTG+2 doesn't coldcall the turn, you can maybe think about folding getting 7:1, but against a "tricky" player it's a tough laydown...

The river c/r is interesting. He doesn't seem to care much about the K coming. I think we have to call here, as a 3-bet would be spewing against a possible (and even likely) boat.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:29 PM

I'm kinda thinking that a flopped 2 pair or set is pretty likely after the 2nd c/r, and my vote goes to a call. I would like to hear why we 3-bet here. I thought maybe villain could have AT, AJ, AQ, but I think he has those less often than something we lose to.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:29 PM

Raise pre-flop.

That river is a little tough. It's transparent (to me at least) that you have a K but he goes ahead and c/r'es you (which is a mistake from his standpoint no matter what he has). I may also call and then kick something when he shows Ax.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:33 PM

I lean towards raising preflop.

I think you have to 3-bet the river, villain smells most like Ace-something (I wouldn't be surprised if it's A9 or A6), and if it's AA or AK you have a new mark.

Edit: He might have 66 or 99 and that would suck, too. Mark him down on 99 as well.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pre-flop.

That river is a little tough. It's transparent (to me at least) that you have a K but he goes ahead and c/r'es you (which is a mistake from his standpoint no matter what he has). I may also call and then kick something when he shows Ax.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thinking exactly. I'm representing a K the whole way, so I can see him CR'ing the turn with any Ace. But when he did it again on the river, showing no respect at all for the K, I got concerned. Could someone in the 3-bet the river camp explain why a little more? Seems like spewing to me.

And yeah, I should've raised pre-flop. My PFR% is way too low, and I know it. My copy of SSH is right next to my desk, so jaxup can hammer me with it if I keep doing this. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And yeah, I should've raised pre-flop. My PFR% is way too low, and I know it. My copy of SSH is right next to my desk, so jaxup can hammer me with it if I keep doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, I won't even have to get blood on mine!!!