Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Could I have played this any worse?

His flop 3bet preflop and again after my c/r just freaked me out. I suppose I should have bet the river but I was scared I was behind to a straight or set.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (12.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 04-02-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Could I have played this any worse?

I usually don't cap the flop unless I can beat TPTK or I'm drawing to the nuts with a lot of people coming along. After it gets checked through on the turn, I think I would absolutely have to bet the river.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:05 PM

Flop: I think i just call here but capping is OK
Turn: I would bet out here with the intentions of calling if raised/ Check:Calling the river if I dont hit a set or make my straight.Trip Tens is possible for Button, but you are drawing to the nutz and CO doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so I would get the extra money in now.
River: Definently bet out the river after everyone checks down the Turn.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: I think i just call here but capping is OK
Turn: I would bet out here with the intentions of calling if raised/ Check:Calling the river if I dont hit a set or make my straight.Trip Tens is possible for Button, but you are drawing to the nutz and CO doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so I would get the extra money in now.
River: Definently bet out the river after everyone checks down the Turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems fine to me.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:45 PM

I hate capping the flop (it doesn't accomplish much), but if you cap the flop you HAVE to bet the turn (don't give CO a free card to his draw). Bet out the river too - after the turn it's a clear value bet.

P.S. you're not drawing to the nuts (quad 7s and str. flush out there - a queen gives q10 the qqqTT boat over yours)
P.P.S. what'd button have? jj?
Old 04-03-2005, 01:17 AM

I don't like capping flop with TP/TK. The raise is fine, but I'd definitely slow down to a 3bet -- he most likely has the upper hand on you. I'm actually going to put Button on AA, and was probably afraid of a set on the flop, thus checking behind the turn/river in fear of a check-raise by you. I'd also bet on the river since he checked the turn.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:19 AM

Yeah, if you're going to cap the flop, you have to lead the turn. Once the turn is checked through, you have to bet the river.

FWIW I wouldn't have capped the flop.