Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Has any one ever folded KK before the flop

I figured I would post this here Has any one ever been so sure some one had AA that they folded there KK before the flop, I had this sick feeling in my stomach the other night in a 5/10 Live NL that this semi-rock but still able to bluff had it last night, I raised 125 and he 1 caller and he raised to 600, I was so sure he had aces I just called, but I was also very inclined to fold them but figured it would not be possible to do so....Any one every had such a good read that they folded them?
Old 04-01-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Has any one ever folded KK before the flop

[ QUOTE ]
I figured I would post this here Has any one ever been so sure some one had AA that they folded there KK before the flop, I had this sick feeling in my stomach the other night in a 5/10 Live NL that this semi-rock but still able to bluff had it last night, I raised 125 and he 1 caller and he raised to 600, I was so sure he had aces I just called, but I was also very inclined to fold them but figured it would not be possible to do so....Any one every had such a good read that they folded them?

[/ QUOTE ]

i seem to call too often....
Old 04-01-2005, 02:37 AM

Plenty of times, but I had a solid read every time.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:42 AM

Wow, I really had a read on this guy and I didnt fold, I am regeting this hand alot
Old 04-01-2005, 03:13 AM

I had a friend of mine, who I played with every night for several months, correctly fold KK to my preflop reraise. Figured either I must be doing something wrong, or he made a bad fold... because I could have made that reraise with AK.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:02 AM

Yes. Very few tight players whose game I respect put in a third raise preflop with QQ or AK. When it happens, if I don't have odds to hit my set at that point, I just fold. KK vs. AA is often portrayed as a train wreck you can't get away from, but in the rare instances where it happens it's normally painfully obvious.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:52 AM

I was in a game yesterday and got dealt KK in early position. I smooth call and hope to be able to reraise. Sure enough. One guy makes a medium raise. I make a pretty hefty reraise. One guy calls and then the original raiser goes all in. The game was really tight and I more or less knew he had them (AA). But I couldn't fold.

Ironically the other guy who just called my reraise also claimed to have had KK. He folded them preflop and saved himself some money.

But really, KK vs AA is a really hard hand to get away from. I didn't have a read on the guy, just a gut feeling based on the general tightness at the table.