Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Live 15/30 QTs Button hand preflop and flop advice.

This is a hand that I played a while ago, and wanted to post but never got around to it. The game is a live 9 or 10- handed 15/30 with a "half" kill to 20/40 (not in effect) its somewhat loose and somewhat passive. MP1 has an interesting profile, in that he is typically super-loose (playing over 80% of his non-blind hands) passsive preflop and very aggressive, though still loose, post flop. The fellow in the hijack is almost tight, and pretty aggressive, he often plays weak-ish hands like suited connectors and small pairs in bad spots, and this- due to the subsequent errors it forces- is probably his biggest flaw, he also seems to respect me too much and seems to check/fold most flops even when we're heads up if I was the pf aggressor. Anyway, loose MP1 limps, and and hijack calls. Hijack would usually raise here to isolate, but for some reason he doesn't. Due to hijack's weak/predictable play against me and two very tight blinds (sb rock/bb solid TAG) I raise with QhTh, blinds cooperate, limpers call and off to the flop.
flop comes 894 with one heart.
MP1 bets, hijack folds, and I raise intending to take a free card. Is this OK?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:30 PM

Default bump