Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Chip Spewing 101

Rip Away.
Reads on these players are semi-legit between 50-100 hands for each player.

Hand #1
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button <font color="#A500AF">(sLA-P)</font> 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">sLA-P bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">sLA-P bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises...</font>

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hand #2 - <font color="red">I already know most will say raise or fold this hand PF. I'm not posting to generate a lot of discussion on the PF play. I'm looking for thoughts on the turn and river.</font>

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 <font color="#A500AF">(LAP)</font> calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, LAP checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, LAP calls, CO folds, BB folds.

River: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets....</font>
Old 03-23-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Chip Spewing 101

Hand 1: I'd actually fold the flop, but since you didn't, definitly fold the turn. I hate the raise.

Hand 2: I don't mind this one as much, i may even go as far to say that I like it because there is a good chance that your opponent does not have a pair.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:45 AM

hand one fold flop. You are against better overs or a pair. You arent good and likely dont have odds.

hand two
Why did you bet? You are betting half the pot with K high. You arent beating much of anything. keep check/folding.

It might be tight, but I dont like beating without equity or calling without odds.

SWUSC
Old 03-23-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand two
Why did you bet? You are betting half the pot with K high. You arent beating much of anything. keep check/folding.

It might be tight, but I dont like beating without equity or calling without odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't think the villain folds 1 in 5 times??
Old 03-23-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand two...Why did you bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that BB would not have let a 3, 5 or 9 go potentially checked through on the turn. The LAP/CO would've bet a 3 or 5 after 2 checks on the flop. If the LAP/CO caught a 9 on the turn I still had 6 outs to the river. If LAP/CO/BB picked up the flush draw I'm betting (and likely winning w/o showdown) any non-spade river.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:17 AM

I dont think 3 people all fold one out of 5 times.

SWUSC
Old 03-23-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think 3 people all fold one out of 5 times.

SWUSC

[/ QUOTE ]

i originally thought you were talking about the river bet, just realized it was the turn bet you were talking about.

I do agree that the turn bet was probably not a good idea because of the pot size.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 AM

Hand 1 : Will this work 20% of the time? Maybe. You won't shift someone on a heart draw or a flush draw, or a high pair. Obviously not someone on a 7. You may get AK/AQ to fold. Worth a go now and then, I don't see too much wrong with this EV-wise.

Hand 2 : I lose track of the number of hands I see posted on here with dodgy preflop play and the poster says "don't worry about that folks". But it affects the hand, BB would have folded 53 but checks it instead? Anyway, I don't like it because in a small pot an ace or a boat ain't going anywhere and anyone with a worse hand will check behind you. Can't see what would fold that beats you.
edit: and on the turn, this is not worth betting either.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 : I lose track of the number of hands I see posted on here with dodgy preflop play and the poster says "don't worry about that folks". But it affects the hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agreed. But note the full comment. It wasn't an attempt to get people to ignore what I did PF. You're correct - limping does play a role in the rest of the hand.

I just didn't want 50 "Raise PF", "Fold PF" or "PF Sucks" type one-line responses.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:27 PM

#1 I'm not crazy about raising ajs in early position... I know it's a standard play, but I keep finding in my own games the ep raises get too much respect and the suited component of my hand loses some value. I force myself to do it sometimes anyway though, because I think I might just be an aj hater.

I'll join the chorus and say that I'd fold this on the flop unless you think the guys a maniac and could three bet some real iffy hands (of course iffy hands have 10s and 7s in them).

#2 I think the pot's too small on the turn to try this out of position. If you had the button, by all means take a shot at it.