Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 01:06 AM

Default 15 outs on the Flop

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (8 handed) converter

300 of 800 left, I am a little over 2X the avg.
BB (t3640)
Hero (t7155)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls t250.

Flop: (t875) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t350</font>, BB raises all-in t3240, Hero calls t2890.

My read was instantaneos (PP, probably 77-99), as was my action. This is an auto-call, is it not?

CSC
Old 03-19-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: 15 outs on the Flop

you need to be careful about putting opponents precisely on the range of hands that you beat. I think you have a tendency to do that. In this spot though, yes I think its a pretty easy call.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to be careful about putting opponents precisely on the range of hands that you beat. I think you have a tendency to do that. In this spot though, yes I think its a pretty easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair criticism. thx.

CSC
Old 03-19-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair criticism. thx.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a fair chance of a second flush draw too, btw. Not that I fold this
Old 03-19-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair criticism. thx.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a fair chance of a second flush draw too, btw. Not that I fold this

[/ QUOTE ]

My reasoning for the mid PP read (though remember, this is instantaneous, not thought out) is that this player tends to be agro PF - a very solid player. This knowledge coupled with the call PF from the BB (out of character) and joined with the not threatening board made this look like a "take it down while it is still good" move. I did not believe this was a pure bluff, and I felt that she would have played back at me PF with an ace with a kicker. I agree that another flush draw would be possible, for this solid player the flush draw would be with 78 or 9T.

CSC
Old 03-19-2005, 01:34 AM

I do suppose it could have been a "play" though. Maybe she had AA and didn't want another card to give me a flush draw?

CSC