Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2005, 09:14 PM

Default competing with a shark for a fish while wearing a dress

B&M 30/60 featuring a couple of loose and very aggressive players.

Hand #1: The blinds are both loose, passive, and straightforward. The chip-spewing maniac has limped in. This reeks of medium and offsuit. A 2+2er who is neither a poseur nor a full-time pro raises in the CO. I don't think he has less than AJo/ATs/KQo/KJs/JTs/88. I'm on the button with Js9s and call anyway. The blinds call. Five of us see a flop of 988 mixed suits. Everyone checks to me. I bet. The big blind calls, the preflop raiser calls. Turn is a 4. They check to me. I bet intending to fold to a checkraise from either player. Only the BB calls. The river is a 2. He checks, and I check. He shows JcTc and MHIG.

Hand #2: In this hand, the big blind is loose, tenacious, tricky, aggressive, and up five racks. The maniac from the previous hand opens for a raise from early position. This could be something like 42s, 69s, or Q9o. It's folded to the 2+2er on my right who makes it three bets cold to the rest of the field. I put him on AJo/ATs/KQs/77 or better. I have AcKc and flat call (the cap is 4 bets). The big blind calls, as does the opener. Four of us see a flop of KQ3 rainbow, no clubs. It is checked to the 2+2er on my right who bets. We all call. The turn is the 8d. Everyone checks to me. I bet, and everyone calls. The turn is the 5d, completing the backdoor flush. We all check. The BB shows Ah5h for a rivered pair. The maniac shows JJ. The 2+2er mucks, and MHIG.

I think my play was questionable preflop in Hand #1, on the flop in Hand #2, and on the river in both hands. Comments appreciated.