Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Best isnt good enough

17 players, excellent structure, low blinds and 10,000 starting chips. After a couple of hours I'm feeling really good about myself, I feel I'm playing some of the best poker I've played in my life. So when I get to the final table the stacks range from 25K to 6K, so with 23K I was in great shape. I wasted no time getting up to 30K and an important note is up until this point the best pp I was dealt was 99 and unpaired AQ on two occassions. So when I looked down on the BB at KK with antes at 100 and blinds at 400/800 I was salivating. Late position and button limp SB Folds I raise to 2000 LP Calls button folds. With a flop of Q23 rainbow I bet 3500 and the LP calls. OK he limped and called a raise its possible he has small pp, AQ seems possible but less likely. Turn is a 7 and I push all in, he calls and shows Q9. I'm feeling great until he rivers a 9 and am left with 8,000 as I had him covered. I fold 97 in the SB next hand and try to refocus. So on the button next hand looking down at QQ was a welcome sight. Play folds around to me and I limp SB folds and BB Checks. Flop 952 BB bets 2,500 I was no time pushing all in BB calls and shows K9. Again I'm feeling good until turn and river bring KK and I'm out. So I spend 4 hours building my stack with little risk only to bust in 3 minutes with my two best starting hands of tournament. I can win with T6 off and 97 off but I bust with what I'm told are great hands. This game is driving me nuts.