Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 12:10 AM

Default thank you, come again

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

comments on all streets

stealthcow-
Old 03-11-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: thank you, come again

I think you missed a small bet on the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 12:14 AM

i like it, his betting seems to indicate either 88 or two pair...its highly unlikely that a player you don't have a read on would cold 3bet a gutshot on the flop. Also, a straight will probably cap the turn...

edit: oh yeah, cap the flop, eurotrash is right...cap flop and then lead turn...
Old 03-11-2005, 12:19 AM

Seems pretty standard to me on all streets. You weren't re-raised pre-flop so you couldn't be afraid of KK which would be the only thing that could beat you after that flop. The 3-bet was necessary to drive out flush draws or make them pay. The turn brings up a possible straight but with the betting pattern this doesn't seem likely at all. At this point I would put him on KQ or possibly 88 and he seems agressive so you gotta get as many bets as possible out of him which you did. River no concern, pretty easy decisions there. Nice hand.

edit: haha i was typing this as the others were, I missed the flop cap too, only thing wrong
Old 03-11-2005, 12:29 AM

you dont think that capping the flop lowers my chance of going bet - 3 bet on the turn?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:32 AM

What's not to like? Perhaps cap the flop?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:33 AM

I actually almost posed that question after thinking about it for a minute. If this is an aggressive opponent then you could probably have gotten 3 bets out of him if he had a set but possibly not if he had KQ. The more I think about it, maybe you were right to sacrifice that one bet to make him think that you don't have KK or QQ which he clearly didn't here. I'd be interested to hear what other people think though.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:42 AM

i posted the hand because when i pasted it to my friend (jimmyjazz), the first thing he asked me was why i didn't c/r the turn if i set myself up for it. i think as soon as i just called the flop i realized that there weren't many hands he could represent right there - KQ KK 88 and maybe JT ?

so i bet out and hoped i could go bet/ 3 bet. i thought the line made sense, but seemed disjointed.

it seems all you guys dont like was not capping the flop which i dont do unless there was a flush draw on there too.

i definetly didn't put him on AJ, but if he capped the turn i would've bet and called a raise.

stealthcow-
Old 03-11-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the first thing he asked me was why i didn't c/r the turn if i set myself up for it

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have been a big mistake in my opinion because if he had something like JT or even AK and decided to take a free card you would miss out on some bets.