Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 10:49 AM

Default What sites better pokerstars or Paradise?

Im looking to join one of these two sites next, What one is better in terms of fishy players? And what one better in terms of software, support ect? And which one is the over all better site, I play between $0.50/$1 and $2/$4 depending on site and tightness of the games. Also whats the bonuses like on these two?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: What sites better pokerstars or Paradise?

Stars is historically the toughest of the major sites. I haven't whored, uh I mean played, paradise yet.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:51 PM

Pokerstars bonus' are few and far between it seems. I personally like playing there and have done well. YMMV
I just got done clearing the Paradise "Granny" bonus and enjoyed playing there as well. Bonus seemed to be pretty easy to clear. Play ranged from terrible to fair. Fishier than stars for sure. Biggest problem I ran into was with fish that were sucking out on me constantly. Best part was that when you would get into a game that was full of fish and you hit your cards then it was like going to an ATM machine!
Old 02-24-2005, 01:33 PM

I'll second the fishiness of Paradise. Although I don't think I'd rate it above Party, it's not far behind. I whored my Super Bowl bonus this past weekend 3 tabling 1/2 full and there were routinely 5-6 to the flop. You don't have as many LAGs at Paradise, the players there are much more passive IMO. I got sucked out on the first night I played but the next two days I got it back and then some. Ended up 50 BB +$200 bonus.

I've never played Stars other than a few tourneys so I can't really comment on that.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:06 PM

Paradise is a lot fishier than Stars in my opinion. In fact, since the start of 2005 I think Paradise has been THE fishiest site I've played at (yes, fishier than Party).

I also like their software a lot better than Stars (their graphics are pretty ugly).

Can't think of any reason why you'd choose Stars over Paradise.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars is the best tournament site online IMO. If you play mainly ring games then another site is better, but if you play tournaments they have great tournaments and the best tournament software. I like their SNG structure the best as well. Graphics are good as long as you turn the annoying avatars off.

However, you might want to wait until Stars has one of their (infrequent) deposit bonuses before you sign up. They don't offer any standard new-signup bonus. They just had a deposit bonus recently, so it might be a while before the next one.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Paradise's software is really slow. I don't enjoy only being able to play 30-40 hands per hour with only being able to play on 3 tables. Anyways, Party and skins are my favorite for action because they have the best table selection of any site.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:03 PM

Paradise. The bonuses are easier to clear too.

Party fish = LAG
Paradise fish = Calling Stations.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:25 PM

How many ring game tables can one play at a single time at Pokerstars and at Paradise?

I suppose Gametime doesn't work at either site, or can hand histories be requested on the fly and assimilated into Poker Tracker with their POP3 email reader as the game is being played?
Old 03-06-2005, 11:29 PM

GT works at stars. Set PT to autorequest and auto import from POP3 or outlook, and you're set. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR STATS on your PT gametime windows, you are almost guaranteed a freeze up if you do.