Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Your winrate UTG
< 0.06 9 15.79%
0.11 4 7.02%
0.10 8 14.04%
0.09 8 14.04%
0.06 4 7.02%
0.07 12 21.05%
0.08 5 8.77%
> 0.11 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2005, 04:46 PM

Default March Polls

Alright I'll make the polls for this month:

You can choose two for the first two questions
Old 02-25-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: March Polls

One thing I wanted to say is that I thoroughly enjoyed The Dude's article this month. Fine work keep it up.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:24 PM

I really didn't like the article on multitabling. The point seemed to be that one should concentrate on playing 1000 tables of a small limit and click like a maniac, and if any decision takes more time than the distance between the cursor and the buttons for that table, add more tables.

Maybe this is maximum EV or whatever, but I can't see this being a great long-term strategy. If you're playing so many tables that you aren't even thinking about hands anymore, there's no way you're going to fix leaks or improve your game. It will be the same flawed game, multiplied ten times over.

Or am I the only one who would rather play two to four higher tables instead of fifteen 2/4 tables? Maybe my win rate is 5% higher the second way, but I'm stuck at 2/4 if I do that.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really didn't like the article on multitabling. The point seemed to be that one should concentrate on playing 1000 tables of a small limit and click like a maniac, and if any decision takes more time than the distance between the cursor and the buttons for that table, add more tables.

Maybe this is maximum EV or whatever, but I can't see this being a great long-term strategy. If you're playing so many tables that you aren't even thinking about hands anymore, there's no way you're going to fix leaks or improve your game. It will be the same flawed game, multiplied ten times over.

Or am I the only one who would rather play two to four higher tables instead of fifteen 2/4 tables? Maybe my win rate is 5% higher the second way, but I'm stuck at 2/4 if I do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That multitabling article was horrible. It read like a parody -- "Don't think", "Don't look for leaks", and so on. I expect that there will be about four hundred threads here flaming the guy, and he deserves it.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:38 AM

I voted for you Granny!! It may have been more of a pity vote though.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That multitabling article was horrible. It read like a parody -- "Don't think", "Don't look for leaks", and so on. I expect that there will be about four hundred threads here flaming the guy, and he deserves it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you guys that the article was bad, however lets try to keep the criticism constructive. I can see this turning into a thread bashing him and that isn't where it should go.

Instead if you have something negative to say, explain why you disagree with the points he made. The first poster made a good criticism, but those last comments from Grisga make it sound as though thats where it could be headed. Lets not take it there.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:35 AM

I agree that the multitabling articly was no g00t. It may help you to make the most money for the time being, but that kind of thinking certainly is not preparing you to move up into bigger games where the close decisions really do matter.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I wanted to say is that I thoroughly enjoyed The Dude's article this month. Fine work keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
I obviously didn't grill you enough in OOT the other day. I'll try again next time I see you post down there. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2005, 10:43 AM

I put a vote in there for Sklansky's article, because I've been vocal for several years about how lame coaches are with going for it on 4th down.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you guys that the article was bad, however lets try to keep the criticism constructive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too much emphasis on time effeciency, very little on making good decisions, none on hand reading, none on improving so you can move up.

I'm not sure what limit this is aimed at but at 5/10 or higher I seriously doubt you can beat the games for much with this approach. The opposition is not that clueless.