Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Calling down, live 15/30

Hand 1.

Villain is loose/aggressive, claims to play the 75/150 at port perry, and a 20/40NL game somewhere, so obviously he considers himself in the kiddie pool right now - he seems to play very bad. I have only been playing for 90 minutes or so and am running bad. My table image would probably seem weak tight right now.

Villain open limps in the hijack seat, SB LAG completes, I knuckle J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check to villain who bets, SB folds I call.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check/call

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check/call

Hand 2.

Villain is TAG, haven't played with him much. I have open raised his BB going on my 4th orbit now - this is first time he's called preflop.

I open raise QcTd on the button. SB folds, Villain calls. Heads up.

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain check raises, I call.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Bet/call.

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Bet/call.

Talk to me
Old 02-22-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Calling down, live 15/30

not directly related to your post - but where were you playing 15-30?, recently I have only seen the regular 20-40 and occasionally 30-60 games at PP and Brantford.....in terms of your post - on hand 2 I think you need to drop the hand on the turn as he was likley defending with a semi-premium hand (since he dumped the last 4 - he must have pretty high defeinding standards) likley on KQ, AQ, AK or a bigger pair - I would drop the hand as you are likely drawing very slim.....JMHO though....
Old 02-22-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not directly related to your post - but where were you playing 15-30?

[/ QUOTE ]

private club

[ QUOTE ]
likley on KQ, AQ, AK or a bigger pair - I would drop the hand as you are likely drawing very slim

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought a better Q was possible, however a bigger pair would have raised me preflop. I would say he 3-bets preflop here with AQ 50% of the time too.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:45 PM

Hand 1. Preflop. you have him pegged as a loose aggressive and he open limps in the hijack? Wouldn't he raise any ace there?

So whatever. Flop check, call once the Sb LAG folds. Fine.

If he's as laggy as you say, might as well let him bet the turn for you. Checkraising is risky there, I think I check call, th eflop, check call, the turn and bet the river.

I don't see a loose aggressive limping an ace PF when its folded to him there.

Hand 2: Preflop, standard.

Flop: Villain check raises? Three bet him right there.

Turn check it behind.

River, bet if checked to, call a bet if bet into.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:25 PM

Any details on the private club you would care share please pass along via a PM (I live Yonge & Eg and drive up to PP a few days a week, know of a few underground games but is mainly tends be NL and I do not play too much live action NL) - thanks allot! (anything to cut down on the commute...)
Old 02-23-2005, 01:10 AM

Hand one is good. Hand 2 is good too. Occasionally you can raise the turn(maybe with the best hand, and definately a scare card, in case youre tied or behind QJ) just to mix things up.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:23 AM

hand 1: maybe its just my style, sometimes i get a hand like that with some one raising in the hijack seat and I like to check raise the flop to see where hes at, if he goes 3 bets i call and if my hand does not improve on the turn ill dump it...not to mention even if he is in the high jack seat i usually just dump it.
hand 2: looks fine
Old 02-23-2005, 04:05 AM

I like hand 1. No need to bet at any time, no reason to fold.

Hand 2 I have problems with. I find it hard to believe that he is winning on the flop. I think that he may be sick of you stealing his blinds and has decided to stick up for himself. Unfortunately, he chose the time in which you flop top pair. Of course, it is possible that he has you beat, but you said he would raise AQ in that pos. To me, this is a question of, do I show my strength by 3-betting the flop, or do I wait for the turn? I just hate giving his ace, king, two pair a chance to fall and beat me without making him pay up front. I think I 3-bet his hand on the flop and bet out the turn unless an ace shows up.

CSC
Old 02-23-2005, 05:21 AM

Hand one - sweet
Hand two - if you 3-bet the flop, he's gonna fold the turn with whatever holding that you beat...i like your line, but it does seem wrong, although i would do the same [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2005, 06:33 AM

If he has a draw or a worse queen in hand 2 it's not going to be folded. I like 3-betting the flop.