Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Changing desktop resolution

I know for 4 tabling it's recommended that you set your resolution to 1600x1200 so there's no overlap. The thing is, when I change mine to 1600x1200, everything gets bigger, not smaller. I have to use my mouse to scroll around my desktop. What gives? I wouldn't think it matters that I'm on a laptop.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Changing desktop resolution

Bump for help?
Old 02-24-2005, 08:29 PM

If your monitor does not support that resolution it might create a virtual 1600x1200 environment, but I think it's more likely that you have checked some option that increases your desktop size without increasing the resolution. Mess around a bit, I can't seem to replicate it on mine right now, but I have definitely done it in the past.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:30 PM

You changed the resolution with Control Panel > Monitor (or Screen, I have a Swedish OS, don't know the exact English wording) > Settings?

Adde
Old 02-24-2005, 08:39 PM

Hmmm, I guess my max resolution is my current 1024x768 even though the options go up to 2048x1536. Oh well. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:43 PM

I had the same thing happen on an old 17". It just didn't support that high a resolution so that's how windows adjusts. I also had it happen again when I got a new monitor last week, I fixed that problem when I got new drivers for my video card. If I was you I'd check the manufacturers website to see the specs and see if the monitor goes that high or not. If it does try updating your drivers.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:38 PM

Bump for help?

piggybacking for help.

on my laptop (dell 1000), my typeface is a really ugly arial or something for windows. everything in windows has this horrid looking font but the setting are the same as on my desktops. the place i duplicated all settings was control panel->display. i made all that identical but the font in the entire environment is not the same on both machines. is there somewhere else to change these fonts than 'display'? could this be due to the dell being bottom of the line model? it is new, but it was the cheapest.

is there even the slightest chance that anyone will know what the hell i am asking without posting comparative images of screenshots?

ty