Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 01:36 AM

Default RESULTS on 30-60partyhand-sukfukcombo

***** Hand History for Game 1114696972 *****
$30/$60 Hold'em - Friday, October 29, 08:00:02 EDT 2004
Table Table 14438 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 3: FUCTD ( $1622 )
Seat 7: Paulie19 ( $778 )
Seat 8: IrinaM ( $8547 )
Seat 9: mazzaferro ( $5919.5 )
Seat 2: sp056 ( $1681 )
Seat 10: maddestcaddy ( $1334 )
Seat 1: QueenBBest ( $2857 )
Seat 4: KidNotor ( $1742 )
Seat 5: zerpt ( $3249 )
Seat 6: JZnew ( $1900 )
Paulie19 posts small blind [$15].
IrinaM posts big blind [$30].
>You have options at Tale Table!.
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to IrinaM [ 7s 4d ]
maddestcaddy folds.
QueenBBest folds.
FUCTD folds.
KidNotor folds.
zerpt folds.
JZnew folds.
Paulie19 raises [$45].
>You have options at Table 12301 Table!.
IrinaM calls [$30].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2h, 6d, Ts ]
Paulie19 bets [$30].
IrinaM calls [$30].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5d ]
>You have options at Table 14441 Table!.
Paulie19 bets [$60].
IrinaM raises [$120].
Paulie19 raises [$120].
IrinaM raises [$120].
Paulie19 calls [$60].
** Dealing River ** [ Ks ]
Paulie19 checks.
IrinaM bets [$60].
Paulie19 raises [$120].
IrinaM raises [$120].
Paulie19 folds.
IrinaM shows [ 7s, 4d ] high card king.
IrinaM wins $957 from the main pot with high card king.

Well, here is the result, thank you to all the people who actually tried to break down the hand instead of just saying fold or move down in limits.
Here is my thinking. As i am sure many of you have experienced, when you play poker 12 hours a day everyday for the last 5 years, there are some hands where you just know how the hand is going to play out. When he bet on the turn, i knew 100% in my mind, that if i raised the turn, he would reraise, and i was fine with that. Now, the worst part of the hand was when he checked the river, because now i felt like he would check call and i would be out a lot of bets, but when he check raised, he made it more appearant that he had absolutely nothing. The way the hand played, he could only check raise the river with the nuts, with any other hand, ace high, king high, 1 pair, two pair, he would check call, so the check raise made me believe that one more raise would win this pot. The only thing that made me think he wouldnt put in the final bet on the river is that in his mind, he has to believe 100% that i am calling him so maybe he just didnt want to show his hand. So after i took this pot down, i went on to win another $6800.00 this session. Just goes to show you why this game is so amazing and every hand is completely unique. For all of you who think i am a fish, you are obviously not looking at the bigger picture of the situation and the reason for this post. Anyway, thanks for all the replies.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: RESULTS on 30-60partyhand-sukfukcombo

that's great. you play like me. and like me you will go broke sometimes. but it wont matter, you will win in the long run. we are both geniuses btw. dont let anyone here tell you otherwise.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:48 AM

Well, thank you ...i think. I hope you are not being sarcastic. By the way, Glad you mentioned the going broke part. This december, i went to bellagio for the 5star, went with 30k, ofcourse i sat in the 100-200 blind NL and won but went home broke after a nice session at the baccarrat table. Anyway, thats another post, taking poker winnings to the pit. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2005, 02:02 AM

How did you post the original hand anonymously? When I log out, the Post button is greyed out and I can't post anything. What am I missing?
Old 02-23-2005, 02:03 AM

His original screen name got banned.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His original screen name got banned.

[/ QUOTE ]
That makes sense. It's also very odd that when I view this on the frontpage (expanded), it shows his original post as being from Anonymous and his later posts in the thread as being from AnonymousUser, and then when I look at the thread in threaded mode, it shows them all as Anonymous. But that seems to just be the software being glitchy. Thanks for the explanation; I've wondered about this before.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:22 AM

Ok, just wanted to clarify some things. When i made this post, i wasnt asking you people how to play this hand, or the correct strategy for each street. I was saying, if you were thrown into this hand on the river with the action to you, what would you do. I guess most people missed the point. I was trying to show how the check raise on the river showed more weakness then strength to me and if anyone else felt the same. Maybe that is a little too complex for you guys... Anyone know of any other forums?

This post was in no way to say, hey i played this hand great, i am so good, i read the guy perfect.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:01 AM

I'll post in this thread too, since people are feeding the troll here too....

These posts sound like the troll Sophia/Matador from SSH a few weeks ago.

Old 02-23-2005, 04:13 AM

roger, I like your reasoning, and I like the way you played the hand. You played it like a poker player and not like a damn money-making machine, which is what this site tries to make us all. That said, I'm perfectly happy being a money-maker and folding 74pf.

Just know that I really do like and respect the way you played that hand and your thoughts on the river action are insightful.

CSC
Old 02-23-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, just wanted to clarify some things. When i made this post, i wasnt asking you people how to play this hand, or the correct strategy for each street. I was saying, if you were thrown into this hand on the river with the action to you, what would you do. I guess most people missed the point. I was trying to show how the check raise on the river showed more weakness then strength to me and if anyone else felt the same. Maybe that is a little too complex for you guys... Anyone know of any other forums?

This post was in no way to say, hey i played this hand great, i am so good, i read the guy perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, and a lot of us gave you numerous analyses on what we feel is correct river play. given the situation again, would you do it the same way on the river given you got there?

-Barron