Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 11:41 AM

Default CHALLANGE FOR ANDREWBROSS

Okay - I have never made a sports bet in my life (well other than an NCAA pool, or a fun bet with a friend).

But I am going to Issue a Challange to ANDREWBROSS - the self proclaimed sports betting genius.

We would need a 3rd Party to help us out here.

For the next week - starting tommorrow andrew gets to pick 4 games he would like to Handicap. He tells me the spread, of the O/U (I don't understand moneylines).

He will post the lines that there are chocies on - then him and I will each e-mail our picks to the appointed 3rd person. A Running tally will be kept for all 7 days, and Andrew and I will have no idea who has picked which side of which game.

The 3rd party will post the results prior to tip off of the first game.

So to summary - and we can add a small stakes to this if you want.

You tell me 4 picks - either with points or an over/under. Any DI game that you want. I, without scouts, spotters, or any history of doing this (just being a junkie fan) will make picks. 4 games - 7 nights, 28 total picks.

IF by some chance we tie - we add a tie breaker on the 8th night. Let me know if your game - we start tommorrow, so if you accept, someone please accept as the 3rd party neutral party, and let the fun begin.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: CHALLANGE FOR ANDREWBROSS

I'll volunteer for the third party.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:49 AM

This will be completely impossible because each time andrew posts a losing pick(s) (<--- emphasis on the 's'), he disappears for a few days...

...or calls us all morons
Old 02-21-2005, 01:15 PM

what's the point?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

To prove (again) that Andrew is an idiot.
We already know, but it's fun to point it out again.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:48 PM

You guys are giving him way too much attention. You know how this stuff works don't you?

I had a friend in college who used to answer phones for a service. The basic strategy is to give out one side of a game to half the people who call in and then give out the other side to the other half of the people. That way you guarantee to make at least half the people happy in hopes they call back and pay for the service a few times until they find out you are a fraud.

Same thing happens on internet forums. Loud mouths like this post one side here and then post the other sides somewhere else. Think about it, one forum will win. These people have nothing to lose be doing this. If they start to lose, they can just create a new user name and start over at a later date.

My only question is, now that everyone knows he's a fraud, why is he still posting picks? Nobody is going to pay for this service and if they do, what the hell are they thinking? I notice a lot of people fading him. That's a bad idea too. He is just picking games out of a hat. Like I said, he probably has the other side on a few other forums. Why would you take any of these games into consideration whether following or going against him?

It's much better to read, laugh, and ignore. These people want the attention to promote their service. Let it go.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:53 PM

I put him on my ignore list about 10 days or so ago, and the results are better than betting any of his picks will ever be. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2005, 01:59 PM

MORON, I already INFORMED the readers here that at one time I worked at a service who did exactly what you are saying. Yes, most services are fraudulent. I wear my heart on my sleeve, I use a software program whereby I play (simulate) each and every game I give out at least 1000 times. Nobody is perfect, I told you if you want to bet against any of my picks you can wager up to 15 dimes with no vig and we can make the transfer on Party/Empire. I post here with my REAL name and phone number 888-575-4433, the rest of you hide behind phony internet monikers. I have 10 cutomers at all times, sometimes I take on a few more. Starting today and until the end of the regular college season you are getting EXACTLY what I am giving out to my paying customers none of who are poker players, so I know they are not reading this forum.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's much better to read, laugh, and ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. But feel free to throw in a one-liner now and then, just for the sport of it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use a software program whereby I play (simulate) each and every game I give out at least 1000 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you have a money back guarantee on the software because it sucks.