Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Go back to SnG\'s?

Dear All,

Firstly apologies in advance if this is the wrong category.... As I play $2/$4 99% of the time and post here nearly exclusively....thought I would take the chance.

My preferred SnG is PL Holdem normally $10 or sometimes $20 and for around the last 6 months been playing 2/4 Party, I started with $250 and went up over $1000 then lost it, bought in for $300 and am now hovering around $700.

Yes, I know about the 300BB minimum, I will sometimes play a $10 PL tourney at the same time.

Over the last 2 days I have played 6 Sng's and won one and placed in the other 5 ...... I am considering just going back to tourneys again.

Does anyone know whether playing exclusively these kinds of tournaments as opposed to say $2/$4 you will get the exact same 150bb "expected" swings?

Regards D
Old 02-20-2005, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Go back to SnG\'s?

A good SnG player will not see the kind of swings that you get in ring games. It's much safer.

Playing 2/4 with that short of a bankroll isn't a great idea.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A good SnG player will not see the kind of swings that you get in ring games. It's much safer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a commonly accepted fact? In my experience variance in SnGs and tournaments is much higher, but then I'm not a so-called "GREAT" SnG player (i.e "I cash in 99% blah blah blah).
Old 02-21-2005, 05:02 AM

have you checked out the SNG forum and see what they have to say?... i can't comment on those at all i have no idea how the variance works in those [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]... though i do know that on pacific i once placed first in 14 straight 20-person sng's then didn't place at all for the next 20 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2005, 08:44 AM

impressive.........you are still ahead though with those numbers

Regards D
Old 02-21-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
though i do know that on pacific i once placed first in 14 straight 20-person sng's then didn't place at all for the next 20 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The BS police have a warrant out for your arrest.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
though i do know that on pacific i once placed first in 14 straight 20-person sng's then didn't place at all for the next 20 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The BS police have a warrant out for your arrest.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... it's actually true... was at the $2 buy in 20-person sng's... though i neglected to mention that after that i thought i was such a badass i jumped to the $8 20- mans and proceeded to lose it all
Old 02-21-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. though i do know that on pacific i once placed first in 14 straight 20-person sng's

[/ QUOTE ]

You came in FIRST in 14 straight or made the money in 14 straight??...If you're saying you won 14 in a row I'm gonna have to go with spydog and call BS.