Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I can do something--anything--better than anyone else (matters of self-knowledge excluded):
False 58 66.67%
True 29 33.33%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Ace-Magnets Flop Decision - with a poll!

Pacific Poker $0.05/$0.10 (10 Handed)

Hero is cutoff with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="red">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players, 15.5SB). <font color="red">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero...

So I really can't protect very well here, and the pot is pretty freakin' big. I've seen BB play draws and made hands fairly aggressively, but not so much that he didn't at least catch a piece of the flop here.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Ace-Magnets Flop Decision - with a poll!

I don't understand how 3 of 4 people said to call. At least someone out there has got to have an ace, and you're reduced to 2 outs right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen BB play draws and made hands fairly aggressively, but not so much that he didn't at least catch a piece of the flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]
"catch a piece of the flop". Would that mean a made hand like pair of aces/aces up? Or would he also bet a flush/OESD?
Old 02-20-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen BB play draws and made hands fairly aggressively, but not so much that he didn't at least catch a piece of the flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]
"catch a piece of the flop". Would that mean a made hand like pair of aces/aces up? Or would he also bet a flush/OESD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and yes. I'm trying to say that he's a reasonably aggressive player, but not a complete lag. He'd likely bet any ace, any two clubs, or possibly a two or a four if his radio just put on some rage music. But he wouldn't bet KT no clubs.

Redd
Old 02-20-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how 3 of 4 people said to call. At least someone out there has got to have an ace, and you're reduced to 2 outs right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I voted call. No one needs to have an ace. If someone does you're getting 19.5:1 on a 1:22 draw. With the implied odds of a set it's a call. I would really like to hold the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but it's still a call IMO.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:33 PM

Although the pot's huge, and you've got the outs to look for your set, I voted to fold because you don't have the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. You've got no other draws, you can't get out whatever trash gutshots those morons might be sitting on.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:42 PM

I voted raise, but after reading some responses and thinking about it I would call instead. 19.5:1 plus closing the action is good stuff against your average .05/.10 player. Folding is a huge mistake. (Sorry hate, me and you don't seem to agree much.)
Old 02-20-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although the pot's huge, and you've got the outs to look for your set, I voted to fold because you don't have the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be nice to have the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[ QUOTE ]
You've got no other draws, you can't get out whatever trash gutshots those morons might be sitting on.

[/ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't fear the gut-shots.

I think you're neglecting the possibility you're ahead here. I've seen no action on the flop that tells me I'm behind 100%. Without calculating I would say you're ahead at very least 10% of the time. Did I mention the pot is hugh?
Old 02-20-2005, 08:49 PM

The evolution of the results thus far has been interesting - just went from 3/3/3 to 3/3/5 for raising. Hopefully the close results mean that I posted an interesting hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2005, 08:51 PM

No problem. I just see myself improving to second best hand way too many times with a field that big, if I improve at all, which is going to happen rarely. Sitting on the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], it's an easier call, not only because I'll have a pretty good chance of winning with 4-flush outs, but also because any K I hit is clean.