Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 07:04 PM

Default New IP address

I'm trying to set up a new account at Intertops and for the first time the regedit hack doen't work. So I downloaded the software on a clean machine but still no go. So now I am assuming it's recognizing my IP address.

My question: If I sign up a dial up an account at Netscape or Net Zero in addition to my dsl account, will I have a new IP address when I use that service?
Old 02-23-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: New IP address

[ QUOTE ]
If I sign up a dial up an account at Netscape or Net Zero in addition to my dsl account, will I have a new IP address when I use that service?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES
Old 02-23-2005, 07:11 PM

Your IP address should change everytime you logon with DSL (I thought, anyway).
Old 02-23-2005, 07:13 PM

He'll be on the same subnet. Only the last number of his IP changes. Even so, I highly doubt that they would use such a method for discouraging multiple accounts. It could end up affecting people who've never had an account.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:27 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
Your IP address should change everytime you logon with DSL (I thought, anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how long you're logged off; the DHCP lease might not expire for several days. Also, if you use a router, the router may maintain the connection even when your computer is turned off (depending on how it's configured).

-Mike
Old 02-23-2005, 07:39 PM

Could it be that Intertops servers are down? What happens is when I click Sign Up-Open Account, I get a IE page that says that it can't establish a connection to the server. I just tried the same thing on my main computer for multi-poker and I could at least get to the page where I input my info.

I set up a Pokernow account a couple months ago and when I went set up the account I got the typical message saying I already have an account on the party network. I got around it by uninstalling Party and re-doing the registry hack. At least that time I was able to submit my info.

Anyone know what the hell is going on here?
Old 02-23-2005, 08:24 PM

It should happen with cable internet too right? The reason I ask is that I tried signing up after doing all the uninstall/regedit tricks and got the message that I have an existing account. Which is weird because I was successful with MultiPoker just last week. The only thing I did different there was change my email address. Should I change it again and re-signup? If so should I go through uninstalling and reinstalling Intertops that just got installed? Any help would rule as I really would like this bonus.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:32 PM

When did you try to sign up for Intertops?
Old 02-23-2005, 08:51 PM

Just now. I got through the entire registration and then when I went to sign on it gave me the standard "you already have an account with a sister site" error
Old 02-23-2005, 09:08 PM

Well it appears InterTops is smarter than MultiPoker as I did the regedit/clean computer fix and still can't register. Tried it again with a diff email addy and same result. I dont know what else to do. I guess I could head to my parents and try signing up there.