Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 04:34 PM

Default My pushing/folding analysis program

is not yet released but I have created a website and forum for people who are interested.

I really don't want to spam the forums about this as there will be a commercial element to this progam if it works out as well as I expect it could. But I hope it's fair game to give a pointer to the website, as quite a few people have shown interest in the screenshots I've been showing recently.

Come on over, give your ideas/suggestions, and look for the release announcements.

http://sitngo-analyzer.com

eastbay
Old 02-20-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: My pushing/folding analysis program

eastbay
I think you may have just killed SNGs, although it will probably be a slow death. Great looking tool.

BingoBazza [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eastbay
I think you may have just killed SNGs, although it will probably be a slow death. Great looking tool.

BingoBazza [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo,

I don't think so, but I definitely considered how wise it would be for my bankroll to release something like this.

When David and Mason released HPFAP, I am sure lots of people lamented that all the "secrets" had been divulged and poker would no longer be very profitable. But I think we all know that didn't happen.

I think this is similar (on a much smaller scope, of course - this tool is pretty darn specialized). Yes, the players who are willing to learn can use this tool to really ramp them up in these things, just like a newbie who reads and studies HPFAP. I have little doubt about that. But I also think that too many players just aren't willing to do that. They just wanna play for fun and all this thinking or reviewing hands stuff is not for them.

I'm not worried... yet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

eastbay
Old 02-20-2005, 05:49 PM

I think you're right Eastbay.

It's one thing to have a program that says "EV of raising with XX given that opponent calls with YY-ZZ", it's still a skill to know what the opponent is likely to call with and then interpret the data accurately.

I think that many of the more experienced players already do this instinctively to a degree.

Your reply to my 'guesses' a few days ago about one hand was quite revealing.

Lori
Old 02-20-2005, 05:53 PM

Thanks eastbay.

I don't think this program will kill SnGs. Rather, I think it'll help players who are serious about improving do so more quickly, as they'll be able to spend more time thinking and less time merely doing tedious calculations. Plus, it's not like this program makes it possible to do anything that a patient person with access to a calculator can't already do.

I know I'll be getting it.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When David and Mason released HPFAP, I am sure lots of people lamented that all the "secrets" had been divulged and poker would no longer be very profitable. But I think we all know that didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brunson said the same thing about Super System and there are threads in the Zoo worrying about too many people saying "brown trout" at the tables and leading people to these forums.

At the end of the day, people who want to learn will find tools to do it and those that don't, won't use them even if they're served up on a silver platter.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:04 PM

Cool! I checked out the webpage. Looks very neat.

One question. How useful will this prgram be in cases where we have no read on one of the players? Sometimes common for 4+ tablers. Is there a range to plug in that an "average" player might call with late in the game?
Old 02-20-2005, 06:06 PM

I agree I don't think this is going to kill sng's. It seems to me that sng's are sort of the avant-garde of online poker. I think the majority of people that play them are just giving it a try to get away from the grind. This is especially evident now that PokerProphecy is available. Countless times I see peoples stats and they have played 2 or 3 sng's at every level. For all of the fish sng's are as far from the norm of poker as you can get. MTT's are all that is seen on T.V. and cash games are usually all that they have been exposed to at home. Even on twoplustwo there are a number of posts by long term posters asking: Are these "things" really profitable? So I think that the only people that this will effect are the ones that are actively pursuing this information to begin with. That being said I do think it will be an excellent asset for the people that do use it.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool! I checked out the webpage. Looks very neat.

One question. How useful will this prgram be in cases where we have no read on one of the players? Sometimes common for 4+ tablers. Is there a range to plug in that an "average" player might call with late in the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. There is a default "average" calling standard. At this moment this is 77+, AT+, but I'm open to a better default. There are also one-click presets for "tight", "loose", and "maniac" (you can customize each of these to your liking). Or, if you want to get more detailed, you can enter any specific range of hands you want.

This program may also teach you that it is important to have some clue about what you might be called be before you make your move. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

eastbay
Old 02-20-2005, 06:34 PM

Hi eastbay,

Looks great.

It's Funny how some people react to new idea's. Fear is so common. Don't you people know by now that fish will always swim in the sea? if it's not SNG poker, you will be able to beat them some place else. Don't worry, this learning tool, or poker prophecy (or whatever else) is not likely change anything. If it will, be optimistic.

I love it. And I salute inventors.

How is the EV calculated?

Is it based on party poker prize structure?