Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Query for 15/30full players to analyze SB-first in play

I want to compare my play in SB when all folded to me at 15/30 full game with other players. You may use my query for free and i would very appreciate if you PM me results or just post them here.

Steps to install queries and get results:

System requiremens:
You must have Access2000 or Access2003.
You must have PokerTracker installed, and some amount of 15/30 full game hands within.

It's probably you do not yet convert your pokertracker database to Access 2000 format to allow you support databases up to 2GB - than you must do it. To do it - open PTRACK.MDB and click there convert database to Access2000. Pat said that it's allowed and won't do any harm. I didn't have any trouble after converting at all.

Step 1

Download SB.mdb (around 180KB) from http://peter20061.narod.ru/SB.mdb

If you encountered troubles with download - PM me your e-mail and i will send you this database.

Warning: don't open database after downloading and search through it's objects as it may hurts it's structure.

Step 2

Open Ptrack.mdb. Left click main window and choose 'Import'. Browse to find downloaded SB.mdb and click it. Window with objects will appear. Select all objects (1 table, some queries, and one report). Click 'Import' and wait until it finished.

Now you no longer need this SB.Mdb file and free to delete it.

Step 3

Go to 'reports' tab and run 'SB first in play' report.
Depending on speed of your computer it may take some minutes to achieve results.

You can convert the data from the report to Excel or txt or whatever file - just click on report - "Export" and choose format to do.

Enjoy!

If you get any problems or have any questions - feel free to ask me so i could fix them. And once again i would pretty apreciate if you would share your results with me.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:03 PM

Default My stats

Maybe this will increase activeness a bit... I guessed many people want to know if they win in SB first in and want to form good basic strategy as a part of SB defence, but maybe i mistaken.

PF-pattern/Total hands/Net/ BB per hand

Folded
12 ($120.00) -0.33

Limped and BB checked
931 ($1,472.75) -0.053

Limped and BB stupidly folds
2 $30.00 0.5

Limped and called BB raise
216 ($1,553.50) -0.24

Limped and folded to BB raise
101 ($1,515.00) -0.5

Raised and BB folds
410 $6,150.00 0.5

Raised and get called
815 $10,997.75 0.45

Raised got 3-betted and called
140 ($2,394.00) -0.57

Raised got 3-betted and capped
44 $1,680.00 1.27

Total hands: 2671, net: +$11802.5, bb/opportunity:+0.1473
Old 02-16-2005, 05:06 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Query for 15/30full players to analyze SB-first in play

i think you're gonna have a pretty rough way to go getting takers. most people aren't going to have access, and those that do are possibly techs like me and don't want to change the schema of their pt db to run the tool. i'm also not a big fan of disclosing stuff in general. if you make your own binary that will import your db i imagine you could get some good responses.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and those that do are possibly like me and don't want to change the schema of their pt db to run the tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need to change schema of pt db. Converting to 2000-2003 format will let you not only to import queries but to have increased number of info in your db. Importing queries don't make anything with PT structure.

[ QUOTE ]
if you make your own binary that will import your db i imagine you could get some good responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not as much of code programmer. And can't make such binary though i think installing is pretty easy even for those who aren't good users at all.

But at all i agree with your reasons and probably made useless work.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: My stats

Thanks for the queries. If you have any more like these please share them. I don't play 15/30 so I don't have numbers to share

Anyway, interesting numbers, but I'm not sure what to think.
It is hard to say what would happen if you raised a bit more.You would get played back at more, but would the extra folds compensate for the additional times that you got called by a better hand or 3 bet?

I hope somebody who raises more liberally takes time to run the report and post the numbers.

EDIT: It looks like you are making money by limping rather than folding. That is good to know. Folding with the 2/3 blind structure is mistake.

Do you autobet the flop after limping?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:56 PM

I tried to do the import and the queries and the table come over fine, but the Report will not import. I am using Access 2002. Any ideas?

Thanks
FM
Old 02-16-2005, 07:29 PM

Brick's response prompted me to notice that you never limp-reraise in this spot. This is somthing i find useful once in a while to protect myself the times i do want to limp...it can make the BB think twice about raising me and i can get to see more hands cheaply from the SB. I only use this if it seems like I have been limp-folding a lot recently, which doesn't come up much in the full games you are specifically asking about, but happens quite a bit when the table drops to 6 or fewer players. But I'd still think there would be some opportunity for it.

I don't have PT or access, so sorry i can't add to your results. I am interested to hear others though.

I also want to learn the Jedi Mind trick that makes the BB fold to a limp. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Dan
Old 02-16-2005, 07:45 PM

What does it says when failed to import report?

Though you still can get the results - just run 'main query' in queries tab and it must show table with your results.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding with the 2/3 blind structure is mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

My stats looks like folding in 1:2 blinds structure is also incorrect and it was surprize to me actually.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you autobet the flop after limping?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Only around 50-65% of time.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play 15/30 so I don't have numbers to share

[/ QUOTE ]

I can easy make this query for any limit. Or you can yourself easily change in all queries words "$15/$30" to any other limit you play. The correct names for all limits are displayed in 'game_level' table at 'tables' tab.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also want to learn the Jedi Mind trick that makes the BB fold to a limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually i was thinking - there is some mistake in my SQL-code. But then i find those hands in my PT and replay them and it's really - 2 people folds even if i check and maybe it concerned with that they loose connection during posting blinds and have no all-ins available.