Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Monitor and Videocard for Multitabling

Hey all, I just have some questions about setting a computer up for multitabling. I currently have a GeForce FX 5200 AGP card and a 17" monitor (16" viewable) and currently I can't even get two tables on the screen without some overlap. Ideally I would like to get 4 tables on the screen that are completely visible at all times. My maximum resolution that I can set is 1280x1024. I have researched online and it appears that the FX 5200 cards normally support at least 1600x1200. Are my resolution restrictions because of my video card, or could it be my monitor? I'm just wondering if I will have to buy a new video card for multitabling, or a new monitor, or both.
Thanks

Ian
Old 02-15-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Monitor and Videocard for Multitabling

That card can definately drive a monitor at 1600x1200. If that is not an option in Display Properties, Settings tab, then it is because your monitor can not support it. (Or you are not running the correct drivers - pretty unlikely.)

1600x1200 would be pretty unusual for a 17" monitor. I don't know if I've every seen one that supports it. Some 19" do, almost all 20" and 21" do.

good luck,

rabbit
Old 02-15-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Monitor and Videocard for Multitabling

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just wondering if I will have to buy a new video card for multitabling, or a new monitor, or both.
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Your video card definitely supports upwards of 1600x1200 resolution. It's most likely your monitor. If you're looking for a cheap CRT 17" that supports 1600x1200, the P780 by dell (mfg. by Sony) supports that resolution. That's been my monitor for a while now.

-Tik