Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Borg 6-12 general questions

Ok. I'm thinking about hitting the Borg pretty soon again for some live play. I'm from SJ and get there every once in a while (less now that I have a baby in the house...) but have always stuck to 2-4 and 3-6. My bankroll can handle me playing 6-12 and I've done reasonably well in the lower games. From the comments I've read here from time to time, it seems that the 6-12 game can vary from super rocky to super squishy.

In general, how are the games on weekend afternoons? I would probably be playing on a Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday afternoon/evening. What are the wait times like at these times? Since there are no $2 chips, what is the correct chip breakdown to buyin for here?

Thanks for the patience with all the newb questions [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Borg 6-12 general questions

i play 6/12 every weekend - the games are super fishy, and the wait list will be pretty long if you get there too late - i usually arrive around noon on either day and its not too bad, usually once it hits 6pm saturday though its off the page (20 names) - buy-in for $320 or $240 (giving you some reds and whites), one less person to make change for right away - also stack one stack in alternating red/white chips so you have $6/$12 ready to toss in and again, no change will have to be made - good luck and i'll probably see you at the tables! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2005, 03:44 PM

follow-up question: say you're unlucky and you're stuck at the only tight $6/$12 table in the place on a Saturday night, is it possible to switch tables when there's an opening? Or do you pretty much have to put your name on the list again?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:46 PM

No, if you're stuck at a bad table, call the floor over or find a floorperson and tell them you want to switch to another 6/12 table. As soon as there's an opening, they will seat you at a different one. If you hear names being called for 6/12, remind the floor or tell another one that you're up for a seat change, it's no problem.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:28 PM

Thanks for the info CCx. Next time I'm heading down, I'll definitely give you a heads up.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:46 PM

Glad to see you aboard. I'm from Millville. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. I'm thinking about hitting the Borg pretty soon again for some live play. I'm from SJ and get there every once in a while

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be down Saturday night after 9PM. Maybe you can make it, but if you're gonna play low limit the wait list is sick that late at night. Go down in the afternoon and play on through.

[ QUOTE ]
From the comments I've read here from time to time, it seems that the 6-12 game can vary from super rocky to super squishy.

[/ QUOTE ]

For every rocky one Ive seen, there are 100 of them that are super soft. It is in essence a 2/4 game with a red and white chip. The caliber of play in the 6-12 is all in all bad. For every one good player you may find there, the rest of the table are complete buffoons.

[ QUOTE ]
In general, how are the games on weekend afternoons?

[/ QUOTE ]

The games are good all the time but super juicy on weekend nights.

[ QUOTE ]
what is the correct chip breakdown to buyin for here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bunky's standard buyins for games.
2/4 limit $100.00 (have another 100 to put in play if needed)

3/6 Limit $200.00. (Have another 100 to put in play if needed)

6-12 I usually buy in here for $500.00 but thats on the high side. $400.00 is probably more realistic.

10-20 $500 as well but I have another 500 to put in play if needed.

20-40 $1000 and I have another 500 to put in play if needed.

Hope that helps. Send me a PM. We may know some of the same people.

Gregg